April 25, 2024, 10:25:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitamins and electrolytes  (Read 611 times)
digemdown
Strike Dog

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS,THE BS STOPS

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:09:40 am »

I read somthing on her that talk about salt blok and min. I went to my feed store and asked what he had . he sug, that I tri som stuff cald vitamins and electrolytes, made by Durvet.this prod,is for all animal classes.it has V-a supplement V-d3 sup. V-e sup. Riboflavin sup.d-calcium, pantothenate,niacin sup.V-b-12 sup.menadione sodium bisulfite(source of vitamin K activity) folic acid thiamine magnesium sulfate,potassium chloride ,hydrochloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride,ascorbic acid, sodium chloride calcium chloride,and dextrose.    you put in the dinking water. has any one herd of this and do you think it would be good to giv in the summer ?? 4 the heat?

CMH
coach
Alpha Dog

Getting it done!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:39:11 am »

I give it to mine but I don't give it to them all the time if I know when I am going to hunt I will give it to them the day before and during the hunt in the box. I will even give it to them the day after to recover from the night before. After that it is plain jane water don't believe in giving them the minerals they don't need everyday. It's a waste of $.

"You don't need more dogs, just better one's.!!!" --- my Dad lol

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when your stupid!!!." The John Wayne

"Be good, or be good at it!!!"
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:43:25 am »

For the summer hunts we used to carry Pedialyte, to provide he electrolytes when they need them the most, while working hard in the heat.
Potassium being the most important.

We now carry the Hydration tablets, drop in a regular bottle water, it disolves quickly and you are ready to give to the dogs when needed. It is easier to store and carry with you while in the woods.

Some vets have them and Wild Boar USA carries them also

make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:03:07 pm »

Good post ugly dog-the vitamins that guy talked about at the feed store are crap, just use horse salt normally cherry or apple flavored its like 20$ and lasts forever all feed stores got-em
Dirtydog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:25 pm »

i wouldnt say they are crap. they may not be the most economical but not crap.

Danged ole dirtydog !
LIVING THA DREAM !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: