April 19, 2024, 12:50:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freak catch dog?!  (Read 1640 times)
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »

I first got my catch dog from my cousin which only had him as a pet a couch buddy. I let him warm up to me for two weeks then I decided if he was gunna eat my dog food he would ha e to work, so I took him to my pen with a big 230# boar. I threw him over the fence (vested up of course) and he took off at him (never seen a hog before) got flipped three times but never quick. Finally caught face/ear. He caught on in about two weeks. I mean rly caught on, going to a bay and catching strong everytime. After almost two years he still surprises me. He has struck and caught three solo hogs out of the truck. U can be with in hearing distance of a bay and cut him loose and he will be caught every time. Ive even had to call him off of small hogs cuz of big ones and he will stop and come to me even if he is in full stride! Had hogs break and he will pick up the trail and catch up to the bay dogs and stop a runner in its tracks!! Lots of people around town love him and tell me how much they like him. I am truly blessed to have had a catch dog as amazing as him. Cobaine truly was born for hunting hogs and loves it more then anything. Who else has some amazing CDs out there?!

!YELLA PRIDE!
farrierefm
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 10:25:11 pm »

Post some pix!
Big Joe
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:02 am »

had a dog named Jordan he was just a pet. he was almost 3 years old and I took him off the chain for his first hunt because my buddies catch down was down. ol  Jordan was a great watch dog but didn't get along too good with other dogs but we had no choice we just had to go huntin. so we finally struck a hog n dogs were bayed solid I cut em lose and when I got there they had that big sow stretched out. after that, that's all she wrote he was a totally different dog, never showed any aggression towards any other dog , was mellow and loved his job. I sure do miss that leggy blue dog.
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »

Cobaine my APBT

!YELLA PRIDE!
Demondoggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:10:18 pm »

Saved a pit pup off a chain in the rain starving. She turned out to be the  best dog ive owned.

Hell Hounds are loose!
Acwells0808
Strike Dog

if you aient in it for fun *go home*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:24:44 am »

I have a 35# pit I got off the side of the road  starved and beaten feed him up and got him better and same thing showed him a pig one time and it was on he is the best family dog I can holler at him and he is there ..he has had major damage and comes back 110 everytime he is truly amazing   he will also be at a bay how ever far...it's nice to have a dog you can trust 

*just some good old country folks*
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:45:45 am »

Cobaine my APBT
thats a good looking vest i like that

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:23 am »

It's from tejas outdoors in rusk texas. Picture doesn't do it justice. I've never had a pass through with it, only vests I use. I like the bay vests too, I have some buds that use the bay vests on their catch dogs cuz they are pretty tough as well

!YELLA PRIDE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: