April 26, 2024, 04:10:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wow  (Read 3965 times)
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 08:21:32 am »

On the poll here at first I voted to allow barrs, but the more I think about it, I can see both sides. I don't hunt the contest or catch any barrs, but here is an example I thought of.

I hunt the 24 hour varmint hunts and years ago there was no animal limit. The contest was growing and people were killing 10 animals or so and doing pretty good. Then here comes this team that had tons country and the coyotes to go with it. Several hunts they were bringing in over 20 coyotes, I think one time they brought in almost 30 in one night of hunting. Lots of people quit hunting or went to another hunt because they knew they couldn't compete with that. Now the hunt has cap on the number of animals being brought in, no more that 6 coyotes or 5 bobcats. Which is still a good stringer of animals, but it leveled the playing field and the hunt has grown again.

The barrs are kinda the same way, from what i've read "most" times barrs get pretty big. If barr hogs keep winning the contest then people who don't have access to barrs, they will go to different hunts, therefore their money won't be going to TDHA. Which seems to be the goal of TDHA is to maintain a good hunt to keep the donation and lobbying money coming in. But I can seee where the pro barr guys are coming from, if you catch a good barr and it wrecks your dogs it would suck for that not to count.

IMO a good rule change would be if the heavy stringer of 5 hogs wins it, why not put a cap on the barrs. Say no more than 2 or 3 barrs, I think I read now that it only one allowed. Just my outside opinion.
Tejascatahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:00 am »

On the poll here at first I voted to allow barrs, but the more I think about it, I can see both sides. I don't hunt the contest or catch any barrs, but here is an example I thought of.

I hunt the 24 hour varmint hunts and years ago there was no animal limit. The contest was growing and people were killing 10 animals or so and doing pretty good. Then here comes this team that had tons country and the coyotes to go with it. Several hunts they were bringing in over 20 coyotes, I think one time they brought in almost 30 in one night of hunting. Lots of people quit hunting or went to another hunt because they knew they couldn't compete with that. Now the hunt has cap on the number of animals being brought in, no more that 6 coyotes or 5 bobcats. Which is still a good stringer of animals, but it leveled the playing field and the hunt has grown again.

The barrs are kinda the same way, from what i've read "most" times barrs get pretty big. If barr hogs keep winning the contest then people who don't have access to barrs, they will go to different hunts, therefore their money won't be going to TDHA. Which seems to be the goal of TDHA is to maintain a good hunt to keep the donation and lobbying money coming in. But I can seee where the pro barr guys are coming from, if you catch a good barr and it wrecks your dogs it would suck for that not to count.

Very valid point.

Wendy Templeton~
TDHA Board Of Director & Hog Dog Republic
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:17 am »

Got a pm on three more over night. Thanks  guys for coming together. Lance I really appreciate you getting the whole family  . Ya'll think I was attacking the tdha all im trying to do is help it. My thread was really started to show people where we are and to keep our right to hunt with dogs we need to stand and show our faces. Im sorry the few people thought I was after separation.
I'm asking for every that hunts barrs to join. Lets keep our heritage a live.
I will print a bunch of memberships forms off and get them signed up.
The ones that can go on line and get signed up please do.
Thanks again to the ones that pm me.

Great job Chance...

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 10:35:21 am »

IMO a good rule change would be if the heavy stringer of 5 hogs wins it, why not put a cap on the barrs. Say no more than 2 or 3 barrs, I think I read now that it only one allowed. Just my outside opinion.

Very good post Hawkins...I think some of the people who voted in this poll do not hunt tournaments, Not a member of TDHA or LSWDA and does not know how much work is done behind the scenes to fight for the rights of dog hunters and figure out ways to generate lots of money to fight bills and help hunters fight lawsuits(dog being shot..etc.)...I'm on the fence about this a well. I dont care about Barr hogs being weighed in but also know I don't have the spots to compete with those guys in what I call the golden triangle(around huntsville). I would rather donate my time and help work the TDHA weigh ins. Lets take Chance on the boars of Texas tournament. If chance would of been able to weigh all his barrs he would of won pretty easily. I may be wrong but think he still got 6th. One spot out of the money. Yes he got his dogs wrecked and hope they heal up but on the other hand so did a bunch of teams that didnt even place in the top ten. We got 9th and got dogs wrecked. Broke leg, cuts ..etc. Chance does alot for this sport and we need more like him that fights for what he believes in. That being said we need as many people signed up to TDHA and LSWDA as possible and come up with a medium ground for these tournaments. Maybe something like a 4 hog stringer with only 2 barrs..etc. This way we will get lots of teams and generate lots of money to fight for our rights.. Just my thoughts...

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 10:46:34 am »

Maybe TDHA should do a re-vote on the stringer since the rules are not yet out. You would have to vote at tdha.org and be a TDHA member to vote. You can go ahead and post the other rules but leave stringer out until poll is done. Lets say Feb 15th. Might be a way to get more members and give every member a vote....

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
Boot
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 12:57:24 pm »

Just joined the TDHA and I am Pro Barr. Caught on last weekend in the Caldwell Boars of Texas Tournament and could not enter him.  Only hog we caught so didn't even go to weigh in. He would have won longest tusk and weighed in at 300+ Live. Just my 2 cents. See yall in Lexington.

Boot Clark
Shootin, Shankin and Stickin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: