April 24, 2024, 06:04:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: might have something good on my hands  (Read 766 times)
yelladog0300
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:12:42 pm »

Well i Took DD(6 1/2 month gyp) out yesterday to run with the big dogs to see how she would do at night .. now ive worked 2 mock hunts with her before . never struck the hog over my older male but she did stay step for step with him and the pig never got over 400 yards.. so that was as much as i seen of her work .. Last night we unloaded got the garmin on her and turned er loose. now i didnt really have high standards for this hunt but boy she proved me wrong .. she messed around the fourwheeler for about 10 min then bam next thing i know its her and another dog was .65 hammering down ..  Shocked i wish i coulda seen my own face lol it was a bitter sweet moment at the time for a guy to be jus now really gettin into hunting. anyway (my luck) the storm that we was trying to beat came a lil early and mother nature put on a pretty good lightning show on for us , wind startede to pick up . Then the rain started . so we tryed to haul butt to DD and Dan but the hog broke before we got there so we loaded up and called it a night. sorry for rambling on its jus i was a pretty happy fella about my lil gyp Smiley

if a dog dont run it ... i dont hunt it !
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:35:52 pm »

Good deal!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Jdcraig616
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:28:33 pm »

Nice! Gotta love that feeling!
yelladog0300
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:40 am »

Nice! Gotta love that feeling!

it was pretty great

if a dog dont run it ... i dont hunt it !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: