April 19, 2024, 06:13:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decent boar hog  (Read 1893 times)
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:36:43 pm »

Went out to a friends place on sunday. Kicked out the dogs on a dry creek bed. They took off and after ten or so min they bayed. I heard them catch when we got close so I went up alone to kill the hog. It was a 80lb or so little boar hog. Jr and Pop Knot rolled out. I got back to the wheelers and brought Sally and Snapper to some water. A good wallow was in the mud so I put the two females on the track. The went but stalled 400 yards or so. They started to make some circles. By that time Jr and Pop Knot were back so I sent them on the same track. They went up and I heard Jr open one time and they hit it in high gear. My two females came back so I put them on the wheeler. The two males were around 800 bayed. We had to take the long way to them. When we got about 200 yards from them I let my two females and two pups go. When the pups got there they caught and I heard no noise. We let the bull dogs go and still nothing. Expecting to see a big one we ran up on a piggy sow making little to no sounds. Got her taken care of and gathered dogs.
 Went to the back side and let loose. Dogs took out and made a few loops. Pop Knot came running back with a 10 pound piglet in his mouth. He was proud of that. Caught all the dogs and moved on.
  Let out Jr,Snapper,Sally and Pop Knot. Snapper and Jr go right and the others go left. Jr lets out a few barks around 400 yards followed by Snapper. Sally and Pop Knot cross the road and go to them. I was looking at the gps figureing out the best way to them and Jr comes walking out of the brush. I dont go to the woods to catch the biggest and baddest boar. I go to watch my dogs work and spend time with friends and family. So while my buddy sat with Jr ,the kids and my two bulldogs , me and my pistol took a walk. Snapper , Sally and Pop Knot had the boar bayed between a huge rock and a rock ledge. Pretty has could be. I snuck up behind him and from about six feet away double tapped him.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:38:35 pm »

Sow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:48:45 pm »

Is Jr doing all right?

Rich.

Is that quote from Richard? I need to learn a lesson from that man. My ex pawned her damn lacy off on me...
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:48 pm »

Good hunt!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:24 pm »

Good hogs Mike... Hope Jr heals up quick...
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:19 pm »

How's JR doing Mike?
Doggie
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »

Good hog hope the dog fared well.

If you aint willing to stay on the ground and fight with your dogs, get the He!! out of the woods city boy stay in the stand and shoot em.
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:33:18 am »

Good dog work Mike. Made the best of a bad situation.
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:23:13 am »

Nice hunt Mike. Glad to hear that JR is going to make it

Get ahead dog!
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 01:31:25 pm »

Great hunt. Congrats on the double tap!! That's what happens when u cut a dog of mine too! Eye for an eye Evil

!YELLA PRIDE!
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »

Thanks y'all. Jr is not liking being kennel ed in the house .

Rich.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: