March 29, 2024, 03:42:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin 220 vs 320  (Read 1548 times)
Ron
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:18:40 pm »

I have had my 220 for nearly 3 years and have had no problems with it. It does what you want , which is track your dogs. What does the 320 do so much more to justify buying it. Have never used a 320 but seems to me that too many bells and whistles can get complicated.

If you ain't doing what you love, you ain't living!!!
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »

If ur 220 isn't broke I wouldn't replace it. I have a 320 and run with guys that use 220's. they can pick up my dogs when I can't sometimes. If all ur gonna do is track ur dogs I don't see a reason to change. The only plus I see is birds eye arial maps. If u have an I phone or other smart phone google maps on it has better clearer maps that can be zoomed in. When used in conjunction with ur 220 u can see everything I can. Only downside to this method of course is phone signal.

Shotgun
Ron
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:33:00 pm »

I see no reason to change, the 220 does what I want, nothing more nothing less

If you ain't doing what you love, you ain't living!!!
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:38:35 pm »

I just recently got The 320, only reason is the guts came out of the bottom of my 220 antenna. How do I get the Birds eye view on the 320?

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 07:11:14 am »

U get birds eye by going to garmin website. It is a pay feature for $30 a year and u down load the area u hunt. It won't download huge areas but u can remove and add areas U intend to hunt as needed.

Shotgun
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 08:16:36 am »

I have the 320 and never had the 220. Im not very tech advanced and it was very easy for me to use. I like the birdseye its very useful. Also the feature to send and recieve info from other 320s is pretty nice too.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
bird
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 08:42:20 am »

I had the 220 for a couple years with no complaints. I recently sold it to buy the 320 for the Birdseye view and haven't been completely happy so far. The Birdseye is nice and shows details fairly well, just make sure you download the highest quality you can. My issue is with my particular handheld though.. Could just be a random problem but I have trouble tracking as far as other handhelds. I have to use a long range antenna to track past 5-600 yards and still can only track around 900 yards with a longer antenna. I have checked for an update and the handheld and collars are utd. I spoke with Garmin and they agree it should track further. The 320 is only two months old so Garmin is sending me a new unit. As long as it tracks as well as my 220 I will be happy with my upgrade.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »

I bought a 220 a couple of years ago, liked it fine. I just this year bought a 320, and I like it waaaay better. Much more user friendly, plus the Birdseye view is priceless where we hunt, I wouldn't go back go a 220 in any way. The 320 has given me great service and tracks my dogs better with far less dropped signals

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
c.hykel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »

Only complaint on my 320 is calibrating the compass.
RedWoodBo
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 01:18:30 am »

The bark detection is also a plus on the 320 if running any dc-50s . I can tell if my dogs are barking when I can't hear them .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: