April 18, 2024, 05:13:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Hogs...lets's hear some stories  (Read 2980 times)
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 11:40:13 am »

not a super pic of him but its all I got. I still think he was over 250

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

Well the meanest I've been on was 250lb boat.There was three of us. We were roading the dogs one night and I was letting my little 10month old(name was Ace) cat run with them. Dogs went in on the left side and was making some rounds when we heard barking coming out then right in the middle of the road ahead of us. It was Ace and honestly we all thought he was trashing on something. We shined a light up ahead and there he was baying his tail off on this big sucker. The other dogs bust out of woods the hog breaks and takes into the right side. He maybe went 50 yards in and bayed up against several blew down logs. Ace was kinda suicidal he was very rough and never had a chance to learn. Instead of baying he tried to catch and bam instantly he was cut down. We turned the CD loose and was right behind him. It only took us about 2 minutes to get to the bay. When we got there it was crazy. My dogs dead CD is cut to ribbons. Me and my buddy legged him and finally got him flipped. My legs got pinned under the log with the hog against me and I couldn't move. It took everything we had to hold him. (We had forgot to bring a knife or gun Lol ) it was just chaotic till the end trying to get him tied and keep him down. The CD country saved us all he hung on till his last breath. He killed both dogs and we barely had him tied. We called some friends to bring dogs just in case he got back up. Ended up hauling him and and he stroked out later in the pen. Ace struck his first and last hog. That's one hunt I'll never forget. Ace
dang sorry to hear that glad u got em though

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: