April 28, 2024, 12:41:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted- Running Catch Dog  (Read 5499 times)
pigsticker
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:17:46 pm »

Circle C,

Me and 3 other guys hunt on horseback in real thick country. Between the 4 of us we hunt 6 dogs (all pure curs). Of the six dogs we hunt it doesnt speak for the hundreds upon hundreds we have culled. Alot of th edogs we have culled would be great dogs for some people and some other hunting styles. 5 of the 6 catch on command (the only one that doesnt has a real damn good nose). I can tell you that we wouldnt sell a dog we hunt for anything less then $7500 (maybe even if that). I truly believe that finding a dog you like to hunt behind is worth no amount of money. I hope you find what you are looking for but Im afraid it pretty much implausible. maybe you can try breeding a lab and a pit? Either that or invest a really good shock collar and spend lots of time with about 20 dogs to get one you might like. If someone has a dog like you want you better be willing to get your pocketbook ready. Good luck to you though. I agree that a dog like you describe wouldnt live very long and would also get your other dogs hulled out pretty fast. Just my opionion though.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: