April 19, 2024, 08:01:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how offten  (Read 1605 times)
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:53 pm »

how offten is it that u get a dog cut . i hunt mainly hounds i have 10 hounds and 3 curs i hunt the curs by there self but every time i get on a boar hog with ether pack of dogs i get some cut
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »

U hunt the ten hounds at the same time for hog's?Huh?? Maby If they are all at the same bay and one tries to get away from the hog but there is one in front of it and that dog can get out of the way because of the other dog and so forth one of them will get cut because they cant get out of the way fast enough?Huh?? Are u running any cut vest or collars?Huh??

Mathews mission venture
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:31 am »

it sounds like you have a rough pack , lots of styles here , we get cut time to time , some years worse than others , it seems to me the more dogs the more cuts , just like a gang , they feel brave in numbers , not as brave alone , mix your pack up , find out whos the one going in first , we like loose bay dogs , its your money dog , send the bulldog in to catch ,if you like the rough pack dogs buy some vest and get a vets # and a good job , youll be just fine
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:02:36 am »

i run collars on a lot of them . i dont run any vest execpt for my catch dogs we dont have very many hogs and when u do find a track you have to run till he just caint hradly wailk then he will stop and fight . the normal chace for us last about four two five hours weve tried hunting silent currs but the hogs just dont stop....
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:32 am »

Where you from Monroe ? What kinda Terrian you huntin in that migh have something to do with dog gettin cut ,
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:27:12 pm »

i live and hunt in north west florida (apalachicola) we hunt any thang from  thick briars, palmettos, woven together  ti ti trees, sawgrass, marsh, river bottoms  and some times kind of open country but you and i know that a hog is goin to the thickist trash he can find
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 01:47:53 pm »

Prolly dogs tired from running him so far or gettin hunt in briars an stuff why they gettin cut or they trying to catch an getting cut an lettin go
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:08 pm »

we hunt blocks so when the hog hits the road we dump some fresh hounds and catch the dogs that have been runing and we keep dooing it untill we get him stoped
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

i know a couple boys that hunt near tallahassee and most of them run hounds also, i do know two boys that hunt silent curs up that way and they do alright, never heard any of them havin dogs get any worse than a scratch though. 
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

yeah i proboly know them theres not many folks write here around the house  that hog hunt with dogs  our crew has lost eight or nine dogs  over the last seven months
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:06:04 pm »

I like my bay dogs to stand back and bay. I have had a bay dog hit pretty hard once by a sow. I mean hit so hard she had to lay up for a few weeks by a real big sow. But knock on wood no big cuts just scrapes, small cuts and stuff. I think the briars cut my dogs more than anything.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 08:49:43 pm »

Monroe, You a logger by chance?
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »

yes sir monroes sawmill  how did you know
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 08:16:40 pm »

I've got a gyp that's 4 yrs old and never been cut but mayb one time and I can't remember it

Seth Gillespie
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

Because only loggers use the word ti-ti's when talkin about terrain an such. I'm one too so thats what caught my eye
dane
Strike Dog

Rocking DO Kennels

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 06:55:12 pm »

Got two dogs that get cut a lot.    My partner has a dog that isn,t even rough and he gets cut every hog
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 07:19:26 pm »

my cd gets cut alot....i hate it. but he runs solo alot. everytime solo. staples. when he has help never. in need of good bay dog. my cd has all the catch. just need a safe,but good bottom, bay dog. dont care kind

from me.....who else. tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »

my cd gets cut alot....i hate it. but he runs solo alot. everytime solo. staples. when he has help never. in need of good bay dog. my cd has all the catch. just need a safe,but good bottom, bay dog. dont care kind

from me.....who else. tapatalk

Your catch dog may not be holding well.relying on a cur to back up your bulldog might not end well. Get a new bulldog or at least another one.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:52 pm »

I use to get dogs cut all the time .  I was one of the old ones that said I aint putting no vest on my dogs they run to hot and so and and so on .  But here a few years ago after going threw 11 staple guns and a couple of dogs killed , I learned my lesson .  I started vesting all my dogs with good vest and the major cuttings have all but dissapeared .  Sure I still get one cut every now and then but it has been noting life threating as of yet knock on wood.  I run a ruff pack of dogs now just like I  use to and getting ruffer by the breeding and on purpose .

I tell ya I bought a new catch vest from P and P here a month are so ago and we have been on some pretty dang bad boar hogs with good teeth and the vest has taken a pounding already but no cut threws and in some of the places it took hits I would have surely had a dead dog on my hands.  The same goes for my find dogs I dont run any dogs in my pack that cannot find their on hogs and they are pretty ruff and I vest them with good solid vest and I got to say those vest look like you shot them with buckshot .  Matter of fact getting them all new vest made and having them all speical made for each dog which is a heavy heavy bay/catch vest with this are that on them and cut collars sewen on with a short chin peice .  I try not to run real long range dogs no more they hunt from 200 to 800 most the time but will travel a hell of a long ways after they get on one if they cannot get him stopped .  Thats why am adding more and more stop power as I go along here the hell with all those marthons !

Good vest has made all the difference in the world around my place .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: