March 28, 2024, 03:18:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gordon TX FFA tournament  (Read 7480 times)
lrhlrh89
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:37 am »

Hey Luke still have not received a phone call from you lie detector test guy, but that is expected considering there was a guy in tge tournament that told me you told him you weren't going to have a lie detector test there.I'm very shocked that a thing like this would happen at a school event ,Luke this is not just going to go away our team would like our money back we also need superintendents phone number
Luke Seymour
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 12:05:29 pm »

What ever you think or feel man. I can't MAKE him call you !
But feel free to call and go to school. 

First was chanz Williamsons team
Second was Cory Bacons team

Phillip Allen
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 09:11:38 am »

I am the Gordon Ag. teacher. I was contacted by a person who was in the hunt and told about this site and some of the problems and ?'s hunters had.  The hunt started by Mr. Seymore asking if it would be okay to weigh in hogs at the sg farm.  After everything was cleared through the school, city and sheriff's dept. I told Mr. Seymore everything was a go but I needed to be there. He said since we are going to use the farm the money raised will go to the FFA.  I was pleased to hear that because we have to pay for leadership, judging contest and conventions we attend.  Lucas told me about a few of the prizes he had donated and when it came to the sign in date I was very impressed.  Lucas set up the prizes and said other stuff would be in a raffle.  I told him we could raise more money with silent auction on some of the items.  It is my understanding that some people were told that some of the auction items were going to go to the winning team and there would be no raffle.  I did not know about that and am sorry for the problem. I would like to Thank everyone who participated in the event and say a special thank you to Lucas Seymore and his family for putting this together.  The Gordon FFA would like to keep doing the hunt and would appreciate possitive in put on how to make it better.  I was told earlier would be better so I am looking at the first part of March because my stockshow season is close to over then.
YES ALL THE MONEY DID GO TO THE FFA EXCEPT WHAT WAS PAID OUT IN PRIZE MONEY! The event raised a little over $2000.  Again Thank you very much to those that entered and the towns people who bought  raffle tickets..
Centex88
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 09:35:23 am »

Easiest way to say this is, y'all got a long row to hoe to come back from a deal like this, especially being the first contest and having this kind of uproar.
Phillip Allen
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 09:37:28 am »

The winners were:  1st place dog team- Chantz Williamson, DL Funderburgh, John Dodson and Dustin Richards. This team also won the Biggest Boar and Biggest Cutters. The 2nd place team- Cory Bacon, Justin Anderson,Caleb Busby and Stephen Tolar. This team won the Biggest sow and most hogs.  The 1st place rifle team was Justin Scrivener (school board member) Randy Nix and Trey hodgkins.  Justin was the highest bidder for the Bear Hunt which he bought for his 3rd grade son and the cut vest.  The 2nd place team was Billy Cooper and Lucas Seymore.  We only had 9 dog teams and 4 rifle team.  After reading other post here I can see why some hunters where upset with the numbers.  Again I am very sorry for the confusion on the matter.  The boy that had the table to raise money to go play in the CAN-AM football game raised about $70.  Yes; I bought $80 worth of raffle tickets for the event; $15 to Micheal and the rest for FFA.  All the hogs were donated to the WE CARE program in Palo Pinto Co.  The person running that organization said he would like to help next yr. and MIGHT be able to get a gun donated.  If that happens it will be an auction or raffle item!  I was planning on buying materials to build a dog box with some of the money raised and have student build the project take it to Ag mechanics shows and then give it as a prize or auction it off!  I would like input on how to make this better for next yr.  my email is pallen@gordonisd  ag shop phone is 254-693-5957 cell 254-631-4201
Phillip Allen
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 09:47:00 am »

I hope that helps clear some things up but if not and you would like to contact the superintendent; Please contact me by phone or email give me your name an number your concern and I will have him call you.  I would like to give him heads up of your concern so he can have some understanding and if you want to come to the school board meeting you can tell him to put you on the ajenda.
cscott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:37 pm »

Easiest way to say this is, y'all got a long row to hoe to come back from a deal like this, especially being the first contest and having this kind of uproar.

Your right but mr Allen has learned alot on how it is done and how to improve on it. Being the 1st year there is going to be some mistakes. But with me say that I think some of them should have not been made. I know he is going to make it alot better for next year. And I hope y'all give it another try in time
Deerman300
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »

you guys sound like a bunch of immature little girls. Grow up. it was not that bad. the only reason i thuink people are whining about the poly is that they could have cheated if they would have know about it.  why cant we just run dogs and have fun. its not like yall would have got rich anyway. i never heard so much whining over something so small.
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:25 pm »

you guys sound like a bunch of immature little girls. Grow up. it was not that bad. the only reason i thuink people are whining about the poly is that they could have cheated if they would have know about it.  why cant we just run dogs and have fun. its not like yall would have got rich anyway. i never heard so much whining over something so small.
x2

from me.....who else. tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2013, 05:47:15 pm »

dont say one thing and not do it when money is on the line

Monty Bennet
lrhlrh89
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2013, 10:54:08 pm »

Deerman your a moron
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2013, 07:40:00 am »

Deerman and Fixitloiue,

I did not get on here and call anyone names like you have done.  Simply responded to Luke Seymour and provided feedback regarding his contest.  As a matter of fact I had a long,civil conversation with Mr. Allen yesterday and he is a stand up guy who was put in a very difficult situation. This forum is for sharing experiences, good or bad, which I have done without insulting anyone.

However - if you two still feel the need to call me an immature little girl, I can easily arrange it so you can have that opportunity in person.
JoshH34
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

Man, I dont know you, and i didnt hunt this competition but the general feeling I get from it is that it was not a success for the most part.  I havent seen anyone bash another man on here until this.  You ARE implying people are cheaters and would have cheated if they had known there was no poly....  That is just complete stupidity man.  I have had the oppurtunity to hunt with a few of these guys and know for a fact that they wouldnt even consider it.  You need to watch what you say because what comes from a mans mouth is something that can affect him forever.  If you calling them cheaters because they were upset that the tournament wasnt ran how it was said to be, then what does that make the people who may have known?  Im not saying they did cheat, because personally I believe no one is sooooo desperate to win that they would cheat.  Putting your name out there if you were to get caught would never be worth it IMO.  You really need to watch how you word things or what you say.  If Luke said X amoutn of people are in it, and half that show up, then I wouldbe pissed too.  If I was putting in the time and effort and thought I could make a little money and come to find out by the time you divided it between mates, you didnt make jack then yea.... Thats upsetting, doesnt mean anyone is being a "little girl" about it.  Just watch what you say man. 

Don't tread on me.
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2013, 03:25:52 pm »

chance yur calling me the same as every one else and i thought we were friends. you out of every body that hunted the tourny new wat was going on and you couldnt pass the word around. but this is wat you can expect from rookies

Monty Bennet
tuskbuster
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2013, 05:45:44 pm »

man ,i just reada little between the lines on this tourny and we decided this wouldnt be a good 1 to enter and low and behold!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: