October 04, 2026, 05:51:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hunting 3 day tourn. in okla.[ for the okies]  (Read 841 times)
bob
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1298



View Profile
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:36 am »

Ive only hunted one toun. in okla. in cleveland ,  the wardens were there at check in with all there rules , [ dos and donts ]  and to start off Im just asking questions not starting drama , the wardens ask to stay off public at night , no light , and no sticking hogs on public being its not a legal method of taking game , so drag them out before sticking or shoot ,  the toun. was a three day tourn. and the  wardens  made them change the dates to just one day , no night hunting , so my question is has this all changed ?  is there no respect for the turkey hunters being both tourn. coming up are in turkey season ,  the ones that are night hunting have you heard something from the wardens that leads you to believe this is ok or are you just taking a gamble that it will be alright , I called a warden I went to school with in the middle of this , he said I was correct , it is a spot light charge if using the aid of a light , hog hunting is day only unless given a permit and he hasent gave one out in almost two yrs  , no knife hunting on public , I ask him if he would ticket on private  at night and he hesitated and said it depended on there attitude ,  just trying to understand everyones way of thinking in hunting a three day tourn. in okla. in the middle of turkey season and night hunting being its not legal from my knowledge ,
Logged
Nick Yochum
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 102


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:27:49 am »

Bob any landowner can get a permit to make it legal to hunt their places at night. I know most the farmers I hunt for have these permits. They are fairly easy to obtain, have your landowners check into it.
Logged

Being lucky sure is hard work.
bob
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1298



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:24 am »

after appying for the permit   how long does it take to get ?  do they come look at the property ?       
Logged
Nick Yochum
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 102


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:42 am »

They never came out and looked at it that I know of, but I think a game warden has to sign it. I think the total process was just a couple days
Logged

Being lucky sure is hard work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!