March 29, 2024, 03:05:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog vest material ?  (Read 428 times)
BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:33 pm »

Lately this has been getting to me .I recently bought a new vest for a ruff bay dog I have hunted it twice and already have 3 pass threw holes finger tip size in it. The vest outer shell is 1000 denier codura then kevlar in middle  and then 1000d c inside. I don't know much about kevlar on which keV is the strongest but I know they sell a stronger codura I believe its 1050 cordura ballistic or some crap. Can someone please educate me on some of these materials Im think on building my own vest . What about seatbelt material that crap real tuff also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:42:58 am »

I made some gear one time and I bought denier cordura 1000. Didn't have a problem with it. What brand of vest were you using?
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57:43 am »

I have been working on/ modifying some vests for me and my buddies lately. I have used a lot of nylon latigo, and nylon boat winch straps. The winch straps are about the same as the seat belt. I like using both. They are both super tough, and flexible.  I use the latigo in the hardest hit areas, and the strap in the other areas. My suggestion, don't build your own, just cover what ya got with the seat belt or latigo.
This one has latigo on the bottom, and I added the strap material up on the sides after I took the picture. Still flexible, and didn't add a lot of weight to it.

My buddies wanted some extra protection on the bottom of this one due to some holes being poked through it. Nylon latigo bought at TSC.

Not the prettiest, but no more holes.
I just got another bulldog, so I may try and build a Latigo vest.
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:37 am »

There are different #s on the weave of the kevlar the tighter the weave the better the kevlar I ran a three layer kevlar vest that got passed through and ripped up good then I bought a hardcore vest added a layer and haven't had  a problem since

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »

what the heck is viper cloth?

Mathews mission venture
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:05 pm »

It's supposed to b stronger then cordura I heard people say it got pass thrus I'd stick to kevlar

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: