April 19, 2024, 06:46:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vest or vest and collar?  (Read 873 times)
mailman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:24 pm »

I'm just curious how many people run a vest that has the collar built in (like the tank, guardian, etc.) but also run a cut collar under it.  I just ordered a swamp dawg super suit with the collar sewn in, and I'm wondering if I should add another cut collar to the order to double up the neck protection.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »

Seems a bit much...but if it gives YOU peace of mind....

"Let's talk some philosophy"
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »

I don't double up, actually never seen it done that way.  I don't see the point of doing that. 

Proud TDHA Member!
mailman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »

So two to nothing so far.  I've seen it done.  A buddy of mine on here does it with the guardian.  And he says he knows guys who do it.  It doesn't seem to slow his dog down any.  In fact, the one time I saw him run his dog without the additional cut collar his dog got a nice little cut on the neck somehow.  So that makes me think a bit.
Demondoggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:19:05 pm »

I have suit you ordered but only a single layer cut collar attached. It's doing fine.

Hell Hounds are loose!
hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:45:08 pm »

The first thing I did to my swamp dawg vest was cut the collar off the vest. So I can take off the vet but leave the collar if I need to.
mailman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:46 pm »

I thought about getting the collar not sewn in and then getting some industrial Velcro sewn to both so I could use them separate. I got the collar with the jaw guard and had heard if you don't have it sewn on it could spin and have the jaw guard on the dogs ear or to of head. How feasible would that be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »

On the uglydog gaurdain and devestator, I ran a cut collar on a few dogs... The guardian leaves a lot of the neck exposed...
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:49:37 pm »

I have two Australian vests or plates. They have the collar sewn on to the vest. My ugly dog catch vest has a flap that comes up under the cut collar to keep a tusk from slipping in between the collar and vest.
BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

I have two Australian vests or plates. They have the collar sewn on to the vest. My ugly dog catch vest has a flap that comes up under the cut collar to keep a tusk from slipping in between the collar and vest.
how ya like them Aussie vest

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

I had my best dog killed wearing a vest w out the collar att. Tooth went between cut collar And vest. So for now on its collar attached for me.I use the razor back vest and love them but it needs two keV layers when ordered

hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 11:36:24 pm »

I thought about getting the collar not sewn in and then getting some industrial Velcro sewn to both so I could use them separate. I got the collar with the jaw guard and had heard if you don't have it sewn on it could spin and have the jaw guard on the dogs ear or to of head. How feasible would that be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's true and happened to me  so the next thing I did was cut the jaw guard off.
Demondoggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:17 pm »

I've had it happen too.

Hell Hounds are loose!
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:14 am »

I had my best dog killed wearing a vest w out the collar att. Tooth went between cut collar And vest. So for now on its collar attached for me.I use the razor back vest and love them but it needs two keV layers when ordered

Yup same thing here.  If the collar aint sewen on I consider it worthless.  All it takes is one shot inbetween collar and vest,   two dogs done for like this that was enuff for me .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »

I use guardian kev. , they have been repaired in the front and the chin flap , they just sewed layers over the top , no telling how many lAyers they are , top notch. My bulldogs are getting old because of the protection these vest give
cuttingup
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:19 pm »

I myself run a separate Kevlar collar and vest...fully protected and so far no problems..

Let em roll boyz...get ahead !

"BIG RED"
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 05:48:43 am »

Big cutters, I like them. They allow the dogs some protection with out over heating. Don't know if I'd use them on average size dogs. I use mine on Dane crosses.
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 07:20:35 am »

My vest was custom made to fit with a cut collar under it. It's not really important to double up on their neck but you definitely don't want a gap between the collar and vest.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »

My vest was custom made to fit with a cut collar under it. It's not really important to double up on their neck but you definitely don't want a gap between the collar and vest.
agree 100%

BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »

Big cutters, I like them. They allow the dogs some protection with out over heating. Don't know if I'd use them on average size dogs. I use mine on Dane crosses.
I really like em them also the one we use on ruff bay dog is a small  Its light weight and very flexable it needs two keV layers thou when u order

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: