March 28, 2024, 03:53:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 450 times)
l.d.a.b. kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

Anybody ever took note of how dogs bought outside of east Texas have a problem hitting the thickets in the piney woods? Just asking because I bought a yellow dog out of my stock that I sold as a pup around the Stephenville area brought him back home and he and he has a hard time hitting the thickets. I have a full blood litter mate and a buddy has a full blood litter mate and they are both hell of dogs. The dog I bought back is a good dog  hunting pastures and open bottom land. I'm sure he will get better with time. Just wondering if any one else has had to put up with this.

Show me a yella dog that's worth feeding!..till then ill feed my reverse curs.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »

South ar dogs don't mind pine thickets or they wouldn't be able to hunt. I actually talked to a guy this morning that always hunts river bottom hard woods and he said when he has tried to hunt his dog in the hills he makes a fool of him. Just don't hunt in pines and thickets. Said only way he can get him to hunt there is if its a real hot track. Not use to the briars I reckon.

Shotgun
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »

heck the dogs are just like me  lol . when I moved to east texas from Waxahachie farm land I got chlostrophobic  [ spelling ? ]  but they will adjust it just takes a bit . new terrain is an issue at first but don't be discouraged  they'll figure it out  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Cooter56
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:51 am »

Just come get some dogs from Florida. All we really have is pine thickets, oh and alot of cypress ponds that are thick and wet.

Dont Back Up, Dont Back Down
monroes dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:17:43 am »

x2 on that
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

It can take awhile for any dog to adjust.... The dogs I've hunted behind that came out of east texas hav problems getting their feet tore up and had trouble running a track due to the ground being more rocky

Seth Gillespie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: