April 24, 2024, 07:37:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking For The Very Best YBM Gyp For My Stud Dog  (Read 1592 times)
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:09:18 am »

I've got a YBM male that will be 3 this year. He's out of an old local line of dogs. They were all very long legged dogs with amazing build. He's a completely silent long range strike dog. Extremely fast and powerful. I'm not necessarily wanting to buy a gyp. I'd really like to find someone with a dog that's very comparable to him that would let me have first choice out of a litter. I don't want to loose his genes. I don't know of any others out of this line of dogs that are still alive. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:16:32 am »

BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:33:10 am »

what line and who bred your male?

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:35:41 am »

Good looking dog! He got some sure enough running gear on him. He has some plott in him right?

Get ahead dog!
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:41:36 am »

None that ever had a name and I bred him. An old friend of mine had the great great grandpa to this dog. They called him Charlie. There were a lot of people up around Lufkin and around the big thicket that used him as a stud dog but they all slowly bred them into smaller dogs and lost what I'm looking for. A grandson of Charlie name Bo is the dog a started hunting with. He was everything like Charlie. Would range out a mile and a half, check in every 30-45 minutes, knew when to be rough and when not to be. I found an old yellow gyp that I bred to Bo about 8 years ago. I kept one that took too much after the gyp. He's a great dog but not much drive and range. He will out bay any other dog I've ever hunted with though. I still have him but I cut him a while back because he's real not what I'm trying to breed. My old friend had a brother that took after Charlie and he gave him to me. I had him him but he tore out of every kennel and pen I could put him in. He would leave and I wouldn't see him for two weeks and someone would eventually call that she showed up miles away from my house all cut up by hogs. One guy called me and said my dog was there breeding his Plott hound. I apologized and he said don't worry about it cause he liked my dog and he had been baying hogs several days behind his house. He offered me a pup but when they were born there was only one that took after the father. I took the pup with not very high hopes but he ended up blowing my mind. I think the Plott just gave him more drive and a love for water. He has the same traits as Charlie. He's silent, bays the same way, same weight and build, and a voice you can hear a mile away. He's definitely a "go-to" dog. If I had one dog it would be him. I never got to breed his father to anything else before he died and nothing else has as much of him in it. I know I'm close to loosing all the genes from Charlie but I'd be happy with breeding him into a long-legged, big frame, long range, hard driven line. If I could find one good female like I really want I would start line-breeding them.

NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:50:47 am »

This was his father.

Steven M.
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:20:00 am »

Neches bobcat I sent you a pm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: