April 19, 2024, 06:08:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarcoptic mange  (Read 1369 times)
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:17 am »

Sarcoptic mites are an environmental problem and not a genetic problem like with demodectic mites (aka Red Mange). With that being said
you need to treat all your dogs and kennels and surrounding areas as Sarcoptic mange is contagious. I had a problem with it a few years back and I had good success with a product called Prolate Lintox. You can get it at Tractor Supply or some feed stores. The active ingredient in it is Phosmet. You mix 1 oz. of Prolate Lintox to 1 gal. of water. Soak skin of dog by means of dipping,spraying,sponge, rag, etc.  This is way cheaper than the proscribed dips from the Vet and just as effective.   
Wanted to give a big thanks to jimco for the help on finding this stuff. After two months of treating my dogs, their coats have never looks so good!!! Completely took care of the mites! Thanks for the help bud!!

!YELLA PRIDE!
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 01:12:25 pm »

Sarcoptic mites are an environmental problem and not a genetic problem like with demodectic mites (aka Red Mange). With that being said
you need to treat all your dogs and kennels and surrounding areas as Sarcoptic mange is contagious. I had a problem with it a few years back and I had good success with a product called Prolate Lintox. You can get it at Tractor Supply or some feed stores. The active ingredient in it is Phosmet. You mix 1 oz. of Prolate Lintox to 1 gal. of water. Soak skin of dog by means of dipping,spraying,sponge, rag, etc.  This is way cheaper than the proscribed dips from the Vet and just as effective.   
Wanted to give a big thanks to jimco for the help on finding this stuff. After two months of treating my dogs, their coats have never looks so good!!! Completely took care of the mites! Thanks for the help bud!!

Your welcome.   Prolate Lintox is a good product.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: