April 20, 2024, 07:57:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beagle pit cross?  (Read 1054 times)
oklahoma hogger
Strike Dog

Spencer fisher

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

Anyone ever tried this cross? I have both in my yard and got to thinking about it!

~Change The Game~
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:52:28 pm »

NO....and why would you? don't you think there are enough mutts around as it is ? Just sayin...

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:59:07 pm »

why would you? don't you think there are enough mutts around as it is
x2

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »

NO....and why would you? don't you think there are enough mutts around as it is ? Just sayin...

X3
b.b.b kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »

This is kinda why there's so many middle of the road type dogs out there. Its one thing to try a cross because there's two Proven parents from good blood lines that can compliment each other, its an entire different thing to just cross breeds to see the outcome.  People breed this or that to put grit or nose into their lines which is fine, but you breed the best to the best you Sometimes get good results. You breed unproven to undeserving you get a litter of pack dogs and kennel wasters.

say what you want about my family or friends but you leave my dog the hell out of this-F.D.R.
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:53:08 pm »

Yall the guy didn't say he was going to breed them. He just wanted some insight on someone who might have the mix already. And even if he did want to breed them its his decision. And who's to say his dogs aren't proven?
oklahoma hogger
Strike Dog

Spencer fisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »

Lol alright since yall are gonna just jump the gun and say its a terrible cross I'll explain my reasoning.
I'm sorry I'm a hog hunter through and through but I've never seen a dog with as much bottom and my rabbit dog(beagle). So my idea/thought was crossing some gritt with the beagle because they/the beagles I've seen arent quite brave enough to get in a hogs face/bay em up. So this may be a stupid cross in not saying its not at all I'm just asking the possibilities of the cross and what y'all thought about it.

~Change The Game~
oklahoma hogger
Strike Dog

Spencer fisher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »

As*

~Change The Game~
Sneaky Creek Kennel
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:41 am »

You never know what may happen! One of the places I hunt they have a interesting cross its a Basset hound/parynees they kept two pups outta this accident cross mainly cause they couldn't even give em away. Now that they are grown dogs they are funnier than you can even imagine. One of em is built like a Basset hound but solid white with longer hair. The other is huge solid white hound looking dog both are mean as a alligator. It's just funny to know they are brothers outta the same litter.

The reason I told about this cross is to say yo may have puppies that look just like Beagles that catch rabbit or you may end up with pit bulls that runs a hog in circles.
Never know!

Just cause it's simple don't mean it's easy!
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 05:49:14 am »

Here you go you won't have to make the cross someone else did it already

http://cenla.craigslist.org/pet/3707123680.html

Lets go we burning daylight
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:30:26 am »

as long as u use a bark collar all the time they may hunt ok never know until u try them...  sounds like worth a try ... my uncles have some dam good beagles that are jamed up on hog.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:20:41 pm »

Begal pit no begal cur maybe.  Heck a buddy of mine had a basset boxer that would strike. Always bayed at the pen with his young dogs the dog followed them one night and ended up striking his own hog.  I never got to hunt with him but did see him at the pen and he would bay pretty well
texasboy11
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 01:07:35 am »

I know a boy that has two and are straight ear dogs but will burn the woods alive!!! He uses for catch dogs but if the hog breaks before they get there they will go for miles till it stops and get dogs cut down being so far out!!
stickembickham
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 12:41:47 am »

It would be a rabbit catchin fool

Catch and release
Dogs,hogs,coons
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:34 am »

The way I see it is if you have two great parents do it. Just be responsible for culling and cull hard. Whatever you get make sure you get exactly what your wanting out of the cross. If not do what's right and lessen the dogs out on the streets. Don't add to the already growing problem.
JMO
-Drake

Drake Plumb
Terrell TX
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:28 am »

If u do it post some pics be interesting to see.. I know a guy with a Basset hound pit cross just like a Basset hound but a huge pit head lol

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: