March 29, 2024, 03:16:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a gotti pit be papered ?  (Read 4487 times)
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:13 pm »

Also to add my "pit" is 90ish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

What's the point of the registry if it's gonna register dogs that aren't representative of the breed standard? I don't think they should honor anything over 65-70 lbs

Unfortunately, the majority of registries nowadays are MONEY motivated, and the primary concern is collecting registration fees. Even the ADBA opened up and now registers other breeds. They used to be exclusive to the APBT.

Also, if ya look at every/any breed, there are TERRIBLE reps of the breed's standard, as well as the nice ones. All the registries see when they open their mail is dog's names, colors, d.o.b's and money, lol.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
redriverslim
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 08:28:53 am »

To the original post . . . Most likley what happened is the guy who sold you the dog just said it was a "Gotti" pit because he's heard the word "Gotti" a thousand times to describe any old garden variety pitbull.  To prove my point, just pick up a thrifty nickel classified paper or look on craigslist, and almost 100% of the puppies for sale will be described as "Gotti / Razor's Edge" bloodline.  Just about anybody who has a pitbull puppy for sale, papers or not, (and especially if its blue) will tell you they are Gotti / Razors Edge because they think it helps them sell puppies.  20 years ago, everybody who had puppies to peddle that didn't know anything about them, would say they were Boudreaux / Colby.  Gotti has become the new Boudreaux (in other words, a way to describe the puppies you don't know anything about because they think it sounds badass).  Another term you will hear thrown around alot is "Gatormouth", which means absolutley nothng at all, its just a cool sounding name.  The bottom line is this . . if the dog catches good and you like him, that's all that counts.  I would estimate that probably 90% of the people who ever owned a bulldog or sold a puppy, know very little about bulldogs at all.       
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 09:09:58 am »

A guy up here at work has a "razors edge/gotti" and said they're selling that cross as an American bully now instead of a pit bull
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 04:43:11 pm »

The only thing about a true pit is that they are very very very hard to find now.

That's cause those of us that have any don't usually let any leave our yards nowadays. The old blood is out there, believe me. We just don't go out of our way to advertise it.
X2
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »

My fireballs lol

heineken

Bronx

alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

This is also a real Pitt. His name is Santana. Tips the scale about 45 or so.

Looks like there is some bmc in there. Then again, Pit is in the BMC , so why not

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
Hitemhard
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »

I don't know much about curs as a breed and i know a very small amount about bulldogs but it only would make sense to me that curs, as a breed ,have some percentage of blood bred down from game dogs that were literally "curs". THis is an interesting toppic.
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 08:49:22 pm »

I don't know much about curs as a breed and i know a very small amount about bulldogs but it only would make sense to me that curs, as a breed ,have some percentage of blood bred down from game dogs that were literally "curs". THis is an interesting toppic.

Nope. Not that some lines of cur may intentionally have bulldog in them but cur game dogs I wouldn't bet on that. Curs are just that, curs but not down from or influenced by cur bulldigs.

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 08:52:01 pm »

This is also a real Pitt. His name is Santana. Tips the scale about 45 or so.

Looks like there is some bmc in there. Then again, Pit is in the BMC , so why not

A lot of the game bred dogs have this coloration I don't think they have cur in them though
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

No cur I will guarantee that. The guy that owns that dog is a friend of mine. He has been raising these dogs for over 20 years that I know of. He is one of the guys that wants all the info on his blood and any gyp he intends to breed. He has raised some top notch dogs over the years and everyone I have seen have the same general conformation. His dogs are always well mannered but if a critter flips the switch it is on. These dogs don't know what quit is. He only recently started to try them on hogs tho.

Shotgun
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 10:29:23 pm »

Got one 'a them black mouthed bulldogs here too, lol

Gotta love a buckskin!

Majority of our bulldogs are either buckskin, or black.

Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Good looking dog. Real nice build.

Shotgun
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »

Good looking dog. Real nice build.

Thank you! That buckskin dog you posted is mighty fine as well. Looks like he's bred similar to some of the stuff we run.

txsteve85
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »

Got one 'a them black mouthed bulldogs here too, lol

Gotta love a buckskin!

Majority of our bulldogs are either buckskin, or black.

Bad@$$!
LTcaughthog
Alpha Dog

Philippians 4:13

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 11:47:11 pm »

To the original post . . . Most likley what happened is the guy who sold you the dog just said it was a "Gotti" pit because he's heard the word "Gotti" a thousand times to describe any old garden variety pitbull.  To prove my point, just pick up a thrifty nickel classified paper or look on craigslist, and almost 100% of the puppies for sale will be described as "Gotti / Razor's Edge" bloodline.  Just about anybody who has a pitbull puppy for sale, papers or not, (and especially if its blue) will tell you they are Gotti / Razors Edge because they think it helps them sell puppies.  20 years ago, everybody who had puppies to peddle that didn't know anything about them, would say they were Boudreaux / Colby.  Gotti has become the new Boudreaux (in other words, a way to describe the puppies you don't know anything about because they think it sounds badass).  Another term you will hear thrown around alot is "Gatormouth", which means absolutley nothng at all, its just a cool sounding name.  The bottom line is this . . if the dog catches good and you like him, that's all that counts.  I would estimate that probably 90% of the people who ever owned a bulldog or sold a puppy, know very little about bulldogs at all.       

Thank you sir , helped alot for everyone input , learned alot and seen some good looking bulldogs y'all have
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

Here's a black mouth bulldog I used except he's actually a "real game" dog not just coming from game bred lines. lol
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »

sorry mrslousiana thats not a shot at u with my comment.  i reread it and didnt want u to get that impression cause i used the same black mouth bulldog statement
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »

Considering its illeagal to fight dogs to prove they are game the way they use to. I can't say a dog is game. I can say the blood line a dog is out of was tested before it became illeagal. So u see my point in saying game lines.

Shotgun
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »

exactly shotgun.  just a joke.  funny how its dance around with hidden message.  i see dudes on web that say dont even ask if our dogs blah blah we follow the law etc and then they talk how badazz there line is but we dont fight dogs.  its comedic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: