March 29, 2024, 08:32:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friendly debate between Father and Son  (Read 1517 times)
jakes
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 04:02:56 pm »

Ill play here...... I grew up hunting everything except hogs. Deer dogs, rabbit dogs and the occasional treeing walker. Most of the time deer like to run somewhat of a line. Not real fast most of the time. Deer will stay just out of sight from a barking dog. Deer will slip back from time to time it all depends on the race. Rabbits however run loops and figure 8's mostly around a creek or a hole in a few hundred yard loops. When I started hunting hogs it didn't take long to figure out that a hog lays a track like a rabbit except the loop is much bigger. You ever been on a race and one dog is out farting around? Then bam they come bayed? Hogs will slip out just like a deer. Not all of the time but most of the time. Especially if there are gilts in the area. If you have a good dog on the ground it shouldn't take very long to figure it out anyhow. There is nothing that makes me smile more than a god dog that tattle tells on a pup. Y'all have a good afternoon. Ill watch how this one plays out. -jake-

Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me
m-town doggers
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »

i always had hogs run in circles and about 80% of the time almost catch them in the same spot as we started
Eric
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »

If some one showed me those two pics and asked me to label them I would agree with you.

"Capitalsim, God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor." http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=HAQ4yNgXelk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: