March 28, 2024, 08:07:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurt dog  (Read 604 times)
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:43:02 am »

So like a moron yesterday I wasn't thinking and tried to load my wheeler in the back of my truck with all 3 of my dogs in the box. Anyways it dropped a foot or so and stood straight up. The box was on the back and it and the dogs hit the ground. I got them out and they seemed fine but yesterday evening I noticed my red bone was walking funny with her back legs. There isn't anything broke because she was jumping on them this morning for her food. But she walks with them stuck out a bit and I can tell it isn't normal. Could she just be stove up from the fall and sore? I was just gonna watch her a few days and see if it gets better, or should I take her to the vet?

Dog box

Dog

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
setxhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:01 am »

Aaron I noticed her walking like that in the woods before the dog box incident....so its not that I don't think!! Not sure what would cause that!

The Original SetxHogDogs
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:35:42 am »

Idk I've never saw her do that before. She couldn't have hunted like she is now

Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

just a ? could she be coming in heat ? she could have a tore tended or brused muscle.  feed her antihistamine/diphenhydramine  20 to 50 mg a day it works..  add eggs to her food it help a little for healing.. this is coming from my aunt ,.shes a vet.  theres a hip an joint meds from amercan kennels Vitamins that works good too. any other med u will have to find from a vet or someone that has left overs .
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:16 am »

She may be coming into heat, thanks for the info

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: