March 28, 2024, 05:35:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They're Hog Dogs  (Read 778 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:50:13 pm »

I use to be just a straight Catahoula man. I've learned alot since then. IM NOT bashing Catahoulas!!!! I still love them. But I also know there are other great breeds out there.

If I EVER get to the point where I want to be....regarding my dogs.....I can say without hesitation...they will be curs.

They will have different blood in them...from probably 3-4 different breeds. Not trying to create a "new breed" just have some dogs in my yard right now that I'm happy with. They each possess attributes I like. They are Dogs I know I can work with to achieve a goal. It's gonna take a while...selective breeding and culling hard but I will get there.

When they do start getting close to what I want them to be and the question is asked "What kind of dog is that?"  My answer will simply be....it's a Hog Dog...."Yeah...but how's it bred?" ......It's a Hog Dog...that's it!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:30:14 pm »

If they make you happy, then you've achieved what alot of us strive for.

I don't do this for no other reason then I love a good solid working dog, and that is what keeps me in the woods and keeps me dealing with the aggravation of raising puppies!
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:10 pm »

Man , you are lucky to have good enough dogs this early in the game.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:08:40 pm »

I'm far from having a team of "hog dogs".....dogs that are PERFECT to me. But the dogs I have fit my hunting style, they get better every trip and they are producing hogs consistently. I was LUCKY with these dogs...they didn't come from any high powered line or jam up blood...at least that anyone knew about.

I've also been lucky in that I got a young pup that has the blood to be a good dog and have a couple more on the way.

These are all ingredients for an interesting "stew". I'll just have to keep modifying them until its "perfect"!  Grin

"Let's talk some philosophy"
b.b.b kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:23 am »

Amen.

say what you want about my family or friends but you leave my dog the hell out of this-F.D.R.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: