April 29, 2024, 07:06:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good hog dog??? and why so many culls???  (Read 3380 times)
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:19 pm »

Now this is what I think myself.

I think  young inexperience people that are serious about wanting to have good and great dogs and having their own to choose from on their own yard need to not worry so much about the one great dog .  That one great dogs chances of producing himself are better is slim to none unless he is bred right himself !

I think instead of worrying about breeding to the best dog in the world people should be more interested in what the whole family of dogs is  .  They need to find a family of dogs that is known to produce good and great dogs on a consistent basics .  Then start from their get you a dog from these families of dogs  develop the dog and if he is a good dog are a average dog then he will produce you way way more and  your chances of getting a great dog is way higher than just going out and breeding to are buying a dog just because he is the best thing since sliced bred but ain't bred worth a red cent !  He are she have no family history none and what does that usually produce nothing .

What is a great dog to me.  One that is bred right to start with .  Then one that will do what his pedigree says he will .  If he is from a family of great find dogs then he needs to be as good as good can be if not a great find dog, he needs to be able to perform like his family tree says it should .  Now if he is good with that now I know I got a very good to great chance of getting more great dogs from him because of his family's history behind him so I go and find me a bitch that mirrors him and is from a different line but she mirrors her family and the history behind her .  Now you can breed you some dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Start your own yard of good dogs you have the good to great find dogs to start with and you got both dogs family history behind them to back everything up !

This is what great dogs are to me !

PS .  A word of advise leave the commercial chit alone and believe what your own eyes tell you not what somebody else is telling you !   

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: