April 19, 2024, 04:30:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: permethrin on a pregnant btch  (Read 857 times)
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »

Is a permethrin fly/flea spray safe to put on a pregnant btch?  The bottle says ask your vet before using on old, pregnant or nursing dogs.  Mine is old and pregnant. lol  What are yalls experience?

Waylon
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »

been using it for years it's the safest thing out there . I even use it on pups before they are weaned . just mix according to label .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:24:29 am »

Where do you get this stuff? I need some

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:13:37 am »

Tractor supply
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:31 am »

Need to get some before long and try it
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:28:13 am »

Thanks.... halfbreed. 

Setex....

It is common in fly or flea sprays for horses, dogs and other livestock.
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:09 am »

I'm reading a label on some permethrin 10%, it's looking like 1.28 oz to every 1 gal of water. If you want to spray yard, dog house/kennel etc., 4 oz to 1 gallon water.

In my opinion, I use 2 oz of permethrin to 1 gal water to get a lil stronger mixture, and i do it every 10-14 days as needed.

I just called my vet and asked on the preg/nursing issue(that's what the label says to do)..,,when he returns my phone call, I will post what he says...

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:09:50 am »

I got some input and the vet recommended do not use on preg/nursing dogs. That's about all I can say on that deal.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »

do what you think is best . I have been using it on my dogs for the last 15 years and will wipe puppies down with it that long as well  .  if you read the warning label on a box of Q-tips  it will tell you do not put in ears  . permethrin 10% is the safest product you can use off the shelf and  that advice came from the vet at the office my x-wife worked at  years ago  .   different vets different views   , but that's the world we live in  . I highly recommend it for flea control on dogs and puppies it and martins I.G. REGULATOR are the only products I use around my dogs  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 01:37:32 pm »

I think u got a good point halfbreed, if it has never gave u an issue, it must work. I just never saw any info on label except the 2 oz to 1 gal water. Would u say that's a good mixture? Maybe wet a rag and wipe the pups?

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:30 pm »

myles that's they way I wipe the pups down in the summer for flies  just mix according to the dip instructions and wet a rag and ring it out and wipe the pups and gyp with it . you can dip the gyp but let her dry off before putting back in the kennel .  heck it says on the label not to get it on yourself , but after dipping dogs I've got as much on me as the dogs do  lol  . I keep a small spray bottle mixed with it and spray my pants legs and boots before going to the field and to touch up the dogs ears and head when the flies  get bad . I've wiped down puppies  as young as a few days old with it and never had an issue . I don't have much of an issue with fleas after using the martins but being surrounded by cattle the flies get pretty thick at times and torment the dogs and pups .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »

Well, I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but my 1st vet phone call just called me back , I've known him my whole life, he said it would be okay to put on preg/nursing momma, just keep it off the nipples. He even said its ok on pups. So that's a double confirmation. Thanks a lot dr halfbreed for your experience too!

Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 05:40:36 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't dilute it?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

I've had the occasion to put it on a few dogs straight out of the bottle . but I have found it to be unneccasary as the diluted by the label directions works just fine and sure makes a bottle go a long ways  lol .  but  it is safe to just run a line down a dogs back if the need arises .  but I all ways try my best to use the folks that manufacture dips and sprays advice when applying .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 06:15:11 pm »

Well, I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but my 1st vet phone call just called me back , I've known him my whole life, he said it would be okay to put on preg/nursing momma, just keep it off the nipples. He even said its ok on pups. So that's a double confirmation. Thanks a lot dr halfbreed for your experience too!

lol no problem , pm me your address so I can mail the bill for the consult   lol  .  I am one to check out every little detail when it comes to my dogs . took me a long time to start using ivomect to worm with  . I let all my buddies do their dogs for about six months before I used it on mine   .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: