April 27, 2024, 08:24:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would be interested  (Read 3211 times)
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »

Spot on T-Bob, The Dogo was bred to be basically a straight catch cur dog. As we all know the catching is the easiest part of the puzzle for a breeder.

The hunting drive, finding ability, speed, wind, brains, and conformation is the hard part to get in the package. Dogo's are bred to be pack dogs, an all Dogo pack or one or more running down with some cur dogs, dog aggression can be a very big problem and there is no room for it in a breeding dog.

A nice hunting Dogo, when bred and trained correctly, is a wonderful thing and a great addition to any hunters yard. Breeding them is not easy and requires extensive testing of the potential breeding quality dogs. And after a pairing is made, then the training and culling begins all over again.

I am a member of the DACA and one of their hunt test judges. I care very deeply for this breed and want to see only the very best examples of what a Dogo should be producing pups.

I have been trying to help this young lady, and others who are interested in a pup, to see that there is more to breeding these dogs than just pairing a couple that can catch. I would encourage her to join the DACA and have her dogs go through the hunt tests certifications and prove themselves in front of a judge before being bred.

A Dogo has got to be able to find and catch is own hogs, no if, and's, or buts...

Thanks,
Paul T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: