March 28, 2024, 01:55:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would be interested  (Read 2883 times)
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »

I thought you were talkin about me rnot registering my old male.

Send me a PM, there are ways to speed up the "proving" process when you can't hunt all the time. Just not a public discussion.

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »

Dog aggression does not equal human aggression...
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »

I thought you were talkin about me rnot registering my old male.

Send me a PM, there are ways to speed up the "proving" process when you can't hunt all the time. Just not a public discussion.
# of catches been told...no pin.

from me.....who else. tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 12:59:07 pm »

Dog aggression does not equal human aggression...

I agree Scott, but this line appears to have both and is very unstable, as seen below.

Hey everyone. I got a new female dogo a few months back she is gorgeous, shes a great dog with my family and I but she hates people and other dogs. The first month we had her she was good with my other dogs. But she's changed real quick.We've owned dogos for a good amount of years and have had our fair share of aggressive ones but nothing comes close to how aggressive she is. She gets along with one of my male dogs and that's it. I let her out of the pen the other day to run around and she went straight to another pen and grabbed on of my males through the pen. And tore a nice chunk out of him. At first I thought she was just very dominate, but its seems to me that she just want s to kill everything around her. Any ideas on why she's like this? Or if there's anything I can do to break her of this? She's a little under 2 years old.

dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

i live in florida and my family uses dogos. they make awesome catch dogs and great family dogs. but they have their problems being such a dominant breed. we had this one male we got shipped straight from argentina and after he reached his mature age he got very agressive and wanted to kill everything. we also had a female who did the same thing, she turned on her own daughter. on craigslists there's always dogos for around 500, but your not goin to be gettin great bloodlines.

What about this dog aggression issue, is this the dogs or line you will be breeding? Are "great bloodlines" dog aggressive with no hunt?

What happens when you send out these pups to people who don't know about this problem in this line of dogs.....and there is an accident and some of their good dogs are killed, or someone in the family is bitten.....

I see major problems that should not be reproduced.

Both if those dogs are 6 feet under. And neither were bred. I'm starting with my own new Dogos. I would obviously never breed aggressive dogs. I have some common sense
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:28 pm »

That female dog you're referring to was a Dogo we saved from the pound. She was spayed, and even if she wasn't she would never have been bred. If you would read the first post I said my new pup bambino and the female I will be getting. So there's no need to bring up old dogs.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 07:41:06 pm »

I once heard that in commercial meat production chicken houses a chicken with a bad sore spot on it will get singled out by the other chickens and they'll peck that sore spot till that spotted chicken dies. Crazy.  Cheesy

Joking.

Anyway, I agree with the other fellas and know that while they are upsetting you right now, I Firmly believe they do so with the best of intentions.

I've had lots of fun joking around in the Dogo threads over the years, but I honestly believe they are supposed to work like basically good ol rough cur dogs. Find hogs first and foremost, then either catch or bay for the opportunity to catch.

Let me ask this, what is a cur dog who won't find their own hog? A "help" dog right? Well, When it becomes clear to me a dog I own is nothing but a lazy help dog it gets culled.

So......... What do people call a Dogo who won't find his own hog? A "Jam up RCD" or "a stud" lol
Ideally, folks should be just as dissatisfied and digusted with a no hunting Dogo as they would be with a no hunting cur.
I don't know TColt or Mr Teegardin but I believe this is all they are getting at ma'am.

At the end of the day, you do what pleases you. Happy huntin, I mean you no harm.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »

Spot on T-Bob, The Dogo was bred to be basically a straight catch cur dog. As we all know the catching is the easiest part of the puzzle for a breeder.

The hunting drive, finding ability, speed, wind, brains, and conformation is the hard part to get in the package. Dogo's are bred to be pack dogs, an all Dogo pack or one or more running down with some cur dogs, dog aggression can be a very big problem and there is no room for it in a breeding dog.

A nice hunting Dogo, when bred and trained correctly, is a wonderful thing and a great addition to any hunters yard. Breeding them is not easy and requires extensive testing of the potential breeding quality dogs. And after a pairing is made, then the training and culling begins all over again.

I am a member of the DACA and one of their hunt test judges. I care very deeply for this breed and want to see only the very best examples of what a Dogo should be producing pups.

I have been trying to help this young lady, and others who are interested in a pup, to see that there is more to breeding these dogs than just pairing a couple that can catch. I would encourage her to join the DACA and have her dogs go through the hunt tests certifications and prove themselves in front of a judge before being bred.

A Dogo has got to be able to find and catch is own hogs, no if, and's, or buts...

Thanks,
Paul T

txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 09:03:18 am »

Paul and Taylor be looking for our post on the Randy Bumpers, CHICA daughter of Soco sure is feeling in his foot steps by far.  She went out over a mile and we lost her.  Looking for a way to either drive to the other side of the property or swim a running river we had one guy swim and go find her while we drove 90 to the other side.  She had been caught for over 30min.  THe best we could guess is she was caught for 30 to 45min.  A few pokes but had one ear off and was holding the other ear.  I think the boar walked the scale a day and ha;f later at 228 with some sure enough dog killers.  SHe was started right before Jan this year and i'd guess she has caught close to 75 head.  SHe is the best ive seen since Soco!  SHe will strike off the hood or the ground and will go and go and go!!  Paul i'm gonna have to come up and run some down in the open! 

Proud TDHA Member!
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 10:55:11 am »

Spot on T-Bob, The Dogo was bred to be basically a straight catch cur dog. As we all know the catching is the easiest part of the puzzle for a breeder.

The hunting drive, finding ability, speed, wind, brains, and conformation is the hard part to get in the package. Dogo's are bred to be pack dogs, an all Dogo pack or one or more running down with some cur dogs, dog aggression can be a very big problem and there is no room for it in a breeding dog.

A nice hunting Dogo, when bred and trained correctly, is a wonderful thing and a great addition to any hunters yard. Breeding them is not easy and requires extensive testing of the potential breeding quality dogs. And after a pairing is made, then the training and culling begins all over again.

I am a member of the DACA and one of their hunt test judges. I care very deeply for this breed and want to see only the very best examples of what a Dogo should be producing pups.

I have been trying to help this young lady, and others who are interested in a pup, to see that there is more to breeding these dogs than just pairing a couple that can catch. I would encourage her to join the DACA and have her dogs go through the hunt tests certifications and prove themselves in front of a judge before being bred.

A Dogo has got to be able to find and catch is own hogs, no if, and's, or buts...

Thanks,
Paul T

That's some real solid logic right there. Nice to see folks reach out to help too.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
floridahogdoghunter
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 07:23:08 pm »

i would like to try one
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:04 pm »

For some many ppl talkin chit on "no-gos" sure are alot that are wanting to "try one" kinda comical to me.
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »

So** sorry fat fingers get me every time. Good luck on the future cross by the way!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: