April 25, 2024, 08:44:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trash Breaking  (Read 1278 times)
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »

I'm gonna have to disagree with Tbob this time. I don't want my dogs to think I had anything whatsoever to do with them feeling pain when running trash....I want them to think it was Devine Intervention if you want to call I that! In my opinion,.....the ideal thing would be to shock the dog the instant that the thought to pursue this 'trash' came into the dog's mind.....even before it took one step toward the trash. Then it would surmise that this trash is bad for me to run, so I'm going to leave it alone.

We can't keep our dogs from smelling all this trash that roams the woods,.....what I want is for my dogs to not want to pursue/catch any of these critters. I agree 100% that the dog/pup needs to be familiar with hogs and be baying or running them well before we try to break if off of any kind of trash.

I haven't whipped a dog in many years, no need to now.....Tri-tronics took care of that for me. I will scold them at times if need be, but that is always enough. Far better to use too little 'shock' than too much. You can always add more, but you can never take back too much.

If you can see some deer in a pasture or run across the road in front of you.....you have a super opportunity to educate your dogs,.....get 'em out and turn the ones with shock collars onto the track.....if they start to follow it.....buzz 'em.....if they don't put 'em back in the box and count your blessings. Good luck.
X2 only time I want the dog to know its me shocking it is when I am calling it and it won't come

Lets go we burning daylight
Black Smith
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 04:02:58 am »

I know my bozo dog would love to move in with some of you because he knows Black Smith will whip his butt when he does wrong but he still comes home and bays a hog once in awhile!!!  I also own a tri tronics trash breaker incase I cant reach him LOL!!!
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 06:28:24 am »

What is a Good, recomended shocking system with capabilities of more than 1 dog? At least a 2 collar system since I try to hunt all my dogs in pairs.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 07:39:08 am »

What is a Good, recomended shocking system with capabilities of more than 1 dog? At least a 2 collar system since I try to hunt all my dogs in pairs.
Tri Tronics classic 70

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:48 am »

Tri Tronics classic 70

X2.....just bought a new one, Gen 3 I think it is. Transmitter and receiver are much smaller than my old Trashbreaker.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 09:38:58 am »

I got the sport dog with the two mile range. Love it so far.

Lets go we burning daylight
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:08 am »

yeah the little tri-tronics sport combo 3 g  expandable to 3 collars has the tone function an is a sweet little unit with plenty of range . the tone feature is the sweetest thing since sliced bread . getting all my dogs to tone in when ready to go home instead of hollering and blowing the horn is nice .   I have been trash breaking my dogs by whatever means necessary for many years and I finally broke down and bought a unit only a few years ago . and I will NEVER go back to whooping and hollering and heading a dog off at the pass and throwing rocks and bullets at them again . the units are way faster and more accurate meathod than  ANY  of the old voo-doo witch doctor methods of my ancesters  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 06:26:16 pm »

Called my local dealer today, Got one in stock, Tri-Tronics classic 70, with a extra collar, $460 even. Gonna get it this weekend and lay the law down  Grin

Thanks guys
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: