April 17, 2024, 11:40:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plott Question  (Read 1411 times)
cmcmahan
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:20:42 am »

If you were looking for a good Plott what line or who would you be looking for?
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:25:59 am »

Talk with Tom....tnhillbilly on here. He has a heck of a line of Plotts. You can take whatever he tells you to the bank, not a more honest guy on here,.....and he's my friend as well...... Grin

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
cmcmahan
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:34 am »

Ok Thank You for the info!!
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:01:28 am »

You may want to further define good.  I have 6 plotts that I really like.  Mine are not as rough as some, but I dont want them too rough.  What is good to one may not be as good for someone else.  Try describing the ideal plott and I can let you know who to call.
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:08:24 am »

Mike cauley in la has some good plotts that catch alot of hogs.

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
cmcmahan
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:08 am »

I'm not looking for a finished dog. I'm looking for a pup that is from a proven hog hunting line of Plotts.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:44 pm »

i think the ones i been around a few times were roark bred and something else they had more bottom than most people enjoy, ive always heard if you wanted nose get some off some cat dogs like from new mexico or arizona where its mainly dirt, you might could talk to some of them guys on the big game houndsman website and see what they say
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 02:39:43 am »

I might raise a litter this year, but I usually dont sell too many, plus you'd have to pay to have it shipped and im all the way up in northeast Tn.
Mike has been raising pups for a long time. I dont know if he has any pups for sale tho. Real nice guy.
  There are more down that way that has good lines of plotts, I just cant think of them right off.