March 29, 2024, 11:01:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4-13 Hunt with Myles Man  (Read 509 times)
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:25 am »

Took a few dogs out last night with my brother Myles to try and put some meat in the freezer.  We took my dogs Roadside, Peppa, Pacman and Myles brought his dogs Bella and Machito.
    We dropped the dogs around 10 and it wasn't 15 minutes into the hunt when Roadside was bayed.   Peppa and Bella joined in and Machito was right behind them.  I guess Machito got too rough because he ended up getting cut a few times and the bay broke.  Roadside, Peppa and Bella chased the hog for over an hr but never got it shut down again. 
     We gathered all the dogs and put them back close to where they struck the first one hoping they could pick up another track.  The dogs were acting pretty wore out and I figured they were done.  We started to call it when Peppa and Roadside started rolling out.   They ended up .60 out both sitting down and we could barely hear them.  For the next hour we went through the thickest briar patch I've been in trying to get to them.  We finally made it and cut Pacman loose about 20 yards out.  Not a huge hog but I couldn't be more proud of Peppa and Rosdside for lining this one out.  Here's a couple pictures.

Myles, Bella and Peppa

Me, Roadside and Peppa

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:08:41 pm »

Better start running MA-cheeto with LT!!!!  Shocked

Atleast y'all got one!!!
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:27 pm »

Fun time there. Watched some dogs line out and hold it!! Bella ran out of gas after about a 4 mile run with Roadside on the 1st bay. I'm really glad Peppa kicked it in gear with Roadside on the second 2 mile  strike, it was a good 45 min bay till we got there with Pacman to seal it up!

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
roosterhogdogin
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »

I like that roadside dog
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:30:16 am »

I like that roadside dog

Thanks man.  Now that he's about broke off of deer he's doing a lot better.

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: