March 28, 2024, 04:10:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traveling Hogs  (Read 2178 times)
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 12:47:49 am »

I've  hunted a big place for a few years also , the hogs seem to move large distances , they have there spots but as said we move around and hunt a different Area each time , we've also removed all hogs , they Are getting  a lot harder to find with this practice , as for runners , just got outrun last week. , I lost. No advice. Except better luck next time
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

A hog that big by yourself...Go for it. It's them kinda stories that make your buddies feel like pansies, unless they're as crazy as you are, then it's still a helluva good story.

X10

Proud TDHA Member!
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 02:47:40 pm »

Reuben...I hear what your saying. At the time I just think in was better to do what I did. Won't be in that position again.

Txhogsanddogs - I will be the first to say I was a dumb ass. I didn't think things thru before I turned the dogs out...and heres why....I had a strike dog that's not rough at all...a gyp that I'm just learning and 1 CD. I was more concerned with just getting out and hunting than anything else. A hog up to 150...not an issue. This big boy...not a chance. You didn't know the whole story...now you do. Try and tell me now that you would have stayed on that hog and I'll call BS.

Sorry been out of town...

Go ahead and call BS bud...  COme hunting with me sometime behind 1 experience strike dog (I'll leave my pup at home) and 1 CD..  I don't care the size..  If you would have said 200 to 240 i would have understood but 300, peice of cake.  Leg him and let him roll over!  Smiley  Good luck next time but probably won't catch tht one cause he isnt going to stop!  Wink

Proud TDHA Member!
)(Cmoore)(
Catch Dog

TX Double Bar M

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 06:49:07 pm »

Agreed with txhogsanddogs I have a very very loose strike dog he will stay back 10 yards or more making circles around him. But when he breaks he's fast on putting teeth on him. I will have people tell me that this place has nothing but runners. ill take one Strike dog and one CD and catch hogs. Not saying I'm the best but I get the job done by my self.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Reuben...I hear what your saying. At the time I just think in was better to do what I did. Won't be in that position again.

Txhogsanddogs - I will be the first to say I was a dumb ass. I didn't think things thru before I turned the dogs out...and heres why....I had a strike dog that's not rough at all...a gyp that I'm just learning and 1 CD. I was more concerned with just getting out and hunting than anything else. A hog up to 150...not an issue. This big boy...not a chance. You didn't know the whole story...now you do. Try and tell me now that you would have stayed on that hog and I'll call BS.

Go ahead and call BS bud...  COme hunting with me sometime behind 1 experience strike dog (I'll leave my pup at home) and 1 CD..  I don't care the size..  If you would have said 200 to 240 i would have understood but 300, peice of cake.  Leg him and let him roll over!  Smiley  Good luck next time but probably won't catch tht one cause he isnt going to stop!  Wink

Sunday good for you?

"Let's talk some philosophy"
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 06:36:52 am »

Sunday good for you?

Man, whenever your ready bring your shorts and flip flops....  You can stay in the truck and watch..  Wink

Proud TDHA Member!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:25 am »

you two boys quit fussing or i'm gonna take my belt off and wear ya'll out    lol

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:00 am »

No fussing Robert....I tend to learn better by watching and emulating.

Just tell me when and where to meet you Brian.

Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 08:06:18 am »

you two boys quit fussing or i'm gonna take my belt off and wear ya'll out    lol
lol.

from me.....who else. tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 08:18:24 am »

No fussing Robert....I tend to learn better by watching and emulating.

Just tell me when and where to meet you Brian.

Robert not at all.  Just proving a point that can easly be shown.  More dogs more problems.

Kevin, what are you wanting to see in this hunt?? 

If your gonna emulate me, you better stop calling the dogs back in and put some more years in the woods!  Wink

Proud TDHA Member!
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 08:30:22 am »

All I want to see is 1 strike Dog...1 CD...and if we're lucky enough...a big hog. I've only hunted this way a few times so I'd like to see it done by someone with experience.

If your not sure about an area with big hogs...I've got one...only about an hour...maybe hour and a half from you.

You up for it or not?

txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:09 am »

All I want to see is 1 strike Dog...1 CD...and if we're lucky enough...a big hog. I've only hunted this way a few times so I'd like to see it done by someone with experience.

If your not sure about an area with big hogs...I've got one...only about an hour...maybe hour and a half from you.

You up for it or not?

Deff don't word it like i'm scared...  This is the way we hunt in almost every dang tournment.  Yea, id rather come somewhere new.  lets just try and work out a time.  I'm deff out for this weekend.  It's race weekend for me...  Good luck though Kevin..  I don't have to prove a point but if you want to listen, try it several times and watch the success.  I mean a sure enough strike dog, and a very dependable CD and you can catch pigs all day long without near as many dogs getting hurt.  That one sure enough bulldog can work the hog allot better in his/her advantage without another dog in his way!  Don't always listen to the know it alls that you hunt with!! (not saying you do but there are plenty out there)  Not all advise is good advise!!  I'm deff not telling you how to hunt but I'm giving my advise to this scenario..

Proud TDHA Member!
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:01 am »

You up for it or not?

Deff don't word it like i'm scared...  This is the way we hunt in almost every dang tournment.  Yea, id rather come somewhere new.  lets just try and work out a time.  I'm deff out for this weekend.  It's race weekend for me...  Good luck though Kevin..  I don't have to prove a point but if you want to listen, try it several times and watch the success.  I mean a sure enough strike dog, and a very dependable CD and you can catch pigs all day long without near as many dogs getting hurt.  That one sure enough bulldog can work the hog allot better in his/her advantage without another dog in his way!  Don't always listen to the know it alls that you hunt with!! (not saying you do but there are plenty out there)  Not all advise is good advise!!  I'm deff not telling you how to hunt but I'm giving my advise to this scenario..

Oh no...didn't mean it to sound like I was calling you scared Brian. The number of dogs was never a question with me...I've never taken more than two (bay) dogs when I've hunted by myself. Heck...my trashy young pup will strike and bay a pig by himself. It's handling the big boys once you get to the bay...that's where I'd like to SEE someone with experience do it. Sounded like you had the experience...so....

Works got me tied up 6 days a week now so...Sundays are my only real option...maybe a Saturday nite. Anyway...would like to get with you. Just let me know when your free.

txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:04 am »

You up for it or not?

Oh no...didn't mean it to sound like I was calling you scared Brian. The number of dogs was never a question with me...I've never taken more than two (bay) dogs when I've hunted by myself. Heck...my trashy young pup will strike and bay a pig by himself. It's handling the big boys once you get to the bay...that's where I'd like to SEE someone with experience do it. Sounded like you had the experience...so....

Works got me tied up 6 days a week now so...Sundays are my only real option...maybe a Saturday nite. Anyway...would like to get with you. Just let me know when your free.
[/quote

The handling part is the easiest to me!  Maybe a couple weeks from now?  Where are you hunting?

I'll tell you a funny one, ask your buddy Blake what i told him when he leaned down to help me while i was doing work!

Proud TDHA Member!
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:43 am »

Hunting area is a big public place....real rough in some spots but lots of good hogs. Ill PM you...the outskirts of the place are already hunted enough...lol.

Whenever is good for me...like I said...any Sunday...say when.

TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

what I heard is that Blake was tryin to hold your hand...

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 04:23:14 pm »

ya'll go easy on ol kevin I hunted with him a bunch and he will go in and hit a hog like randy white youst to hit a red skin quarter back   lol  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:15 pm »

Haha! Only when I have to!

cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »

ya'll go easy on ol kevin I hunted with him a bunch and he will go in and hit a hog like randy white youst to hit a red skin quarter back   lol  .

For some reason I thought you stopped hunting.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 07:32:53 pm »

Me or Halfbreed?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: