April 16, 2024, 01:24:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: demodex spots  (Read 455 times)
mailman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:55:18 pm »

I have a 9 month old dogo pup that had demodex.  I started the treatment of ivermectin when he was about 6 months old.  I ended up doing 2 cycles of the stuff.  The vet did skin scrapes after both cycles and found no live mites.  The problem is that his coat still looks spotty to me.  It's like the hair isn't growing back very fast and the vet doesn't seem to know why.  They gave me their ideas of why, stuff like he still has puppy hormones working, dogos have thin hair and skin issues in general, to the heat of houston coming on and making growing new hair not a priority for the dogs body.  Anyone else experience this?  Anything to worry about?
HOGDOGGERSPC
Strike Dog

[IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/MATT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:11:39 pm »

Ask your vet for Mitaban/amitraz it is a liquid you wash your dogs with its not cheap but it works. Takes about 2 weeks for new hair growth.  Pm your number ill send u a pic of what it looks like

DOGS UP HOGS DOWN!!!
mike rogers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »

I know this may sound funny, but try a little KY or Vaseline. Goop it on pretty good for a couple 3 days to a week and let me know if it helps. Dad would shoot a little Fish Oil (WD-40) on spots like that and then put a little Vaseline over the spots he sprayed. Seem to help.... just let me know if it helps.
Crossstock
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

Had the same problem... Used ivemec One time a day for 30 days... Used 1/4 cc squirt in mouth... Took it about 20 days before it started to work... My vet couldn't find any mites ethier...
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »

clean yo house ya dirty white boy. he got mites from you

from me.....who else. tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: