April 23, 2024, 10:09:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Kennels Are Finished...Time To Go Hunting!  (Read 21446 times)
DanS
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:18 pm »

Very nice setup.....i built a similar setup several years back......here is a couple pics....

I really like your dog bowl setup mounted on the door....i'll have to get ahold of TNT for some of those.....

My dogs would chew the heck out of those plastic water bowls, though.....

I hope your septic system ends up working out better than mine.....I just never could keep the in ground pipe clean of debris....pine needles mostly, but everything seems to get into that waste pit.....i ended up capping off my system, and simply digging a big hole to wash all the waste into....I works much better, and you only have to dig it out 2 times a year.....

chainrated
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2011, 08:43:37 am »

How are you liking the kennels Bryant?  Any changes yet? What did you end up doing about the hay getting in the septic system?

Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, you might meet em both if you show up here unwelcome son..
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »

How are you liking the kennels Bryant?  Any changes yet? What did you end up doing about the hay getting in the septic system?

Love the kennels, and wouldn't really change a thing.  The hay last year was definately a problem.  This year, the dogs just had to be cold.  The north end of the building is sheeted, and the barrels also face south so no wind gets to the dogs..just cold temperatures.  During one spell this winter (below freezing temps for almost a week) I did break down and fill the barrels with hay.  I just closed the septic drain, and cleaned by shovel for a couple days.  When temps did warm up, it took me about 4 hours, a shop vac, pair of gloves and about five trash bags to get everything straightened back up....not something I would want to do often.

The septic system (knock on wood) has worked flawlessly.  When I built the pens, in my mind I just had figured having to have it pumped maybe once a year.  I'm going on two years of housing +/- 15 dogs at all times and so far no problems.  I do add rid-ex to the system once a month and make certain that no chemicals go down there. I wash the pens at least every other day and a LOT of poop and water go down the drain.

I did have to go back and add partial roofs to a couple of the pens.  I have a bulldog down there named Monkey (and rightly so) that can climb over the 6' panels faster than I can shut and lock the gate.

The automatic watering system works like a champ also although I've considered setting up a couple pens and trying some of those lickers.  I have a couple male dogs who really like pissing in their buckets and its irritating having to empty and refill those particular ones.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
HorsePac10
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:02 pm »

I wasn't able to open the pictures to see how everything turned out is there another way to view them?
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »

Wow.. nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: