April 25, 2024, 02:02:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED SOME OPINIONS ON WHEN 2 STOP BREEDING A GYP  (Read 1929 times)
DIAMOND A KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:54:17 pm »

THESE PUPS ARE OUT OF ''SLICK'' AND ''LILLY'' BOTH FINISHED FIND DOGS AND WE CALL THE PUPS SILLYS THIS IS HER 3 RD LITTER OF THEM AND THE LAST TIME SHE WILL HAVE PUPS IM GOING 2 TRY AND KEEP MOST OF THEM BECAUSE EVERY TIME I HAVE BRED HER THE PUPS ARE GONE BEFORE THEY EVEN GET HERE. TELL ME WHAT YALL THINK  :-\THERE ALMOST FIVE WEEKS OLD.AND AT WHAT AGE DO U QUIT BREEDING A GYP?I JUST HATE PUTTING HER THROUGH ANY MORE STRESS OF HAVING PUPS DONT WANT 2 RUIN HER SHE IS MY FAVORITE DOG 2 HUNT AND THE LAST OF MY GRANDADDYS BLOOD LINE AND I HAVE RAISED HER FROM A PUP . I WONDER IF U CAN FLUSH EMBRYOS OUT OF A DOG LIKE COWS AND HORSES?OH AND I STILL HUNT HER. ADVICE PLEASE     
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:12:02 am by DIAMONDAKENNELS » Logged

ASHLEY CAMPBELL T.D.H.A MEMBER
a-khunter
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:14:10 am »

don't see why you couldn't flush and keep a few on hand for a later day.
DIAMOND A KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:41 am »

don't see why you couldn't flush and keep a few on hand for a later day.
I NO I WOULD THINK U COULD BUT I HAVE ONLY TALKED 2 ONE VET AND HE SAD HE DIDNT NO IF HE COULD DO IT OR NOT

smwilson
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:47:41 am »

You can flush embryo's from most anything. I have had it done with horses and cows. Had a few embryo transplants on a show horse. Take the show horses embryo, fertilize the embryo, AI it in another horse and the other horse (jump mare) has a baby of the show mare. The show mare never misses a show. Texas  A&M has cloned horses and sheep. There are people who have samples of an animal frozen for the future use. Take a DNA sample of your dog and freeze it. Ten years from now you could clone the DNA and you would have an exact copy of your dog. These things can be very expensive though.
DIAMOND A KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:00:47 am »

You can flush embryo's from most anything. I have had it done with horses and cows. Had a few embryo transplants on a show horse. Take the show horses embryo, fertilize the embryo, AI it in another horse and the other horse (jump mare) has a baby of the show mare. The show mare never misses a show. Texas  A&M has cloned horses and sheep. There are people who have samples of an animal frozen for the future use. Take a DNA sample of your dog and freeze it. Ten years from now you could clone the DNA and you would have an exact copy of your dog. These things can be very expensive though.
WE HAVE DONE EMBYRO TRANSPLANTS ON ARE A FEW OF ARE  MARES BEFORE AND A.I. SOME AS WELL SAME WITH SOME OF MY SHOW HEIFERS AND USED A DONER MARE AND A DONER COW HOWEVER THE TIMING IS SO IMPORTANT THE SEREGATE MARES HAD 2 BE OPEN AND SO DID THE SEREGATE COW AND THE ONE VET I TALKED 2 SAID HE DID NOT NO OF ANY ONE DOING THIS WITH A DOG AND DIDNT NO IF HE COULD MAKE IT WORK  Sad

crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:04:52 pm »

I have done a bunch of AI work and embryo transfer on cattle, when I worked for a purebred cattle operation and have done AI work, with shipped semen, on horses.

I also have had a vet do AI on a dog before but I don't ever recall hearing of embryo transfer being done on a dog.....I think trying to find a receipient female dog would be the biggest drawback, as they have to be exactly in the same stage in their cycle (in cattle its 7 days past breeding) for them to accept the embryo's.

As far as cloning, for horses its running about $150,000 per attempt and they are running about a 60% success rate...would be a REAL expensive hog dog, one I would be afraid to turn loose!!

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
smwilson
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 12:28:03 pm »

sure it can be done, I talked to the Vet that works at the horse breeding facility my neighbor has. crackerc is right , you would need at least a few Gyps they would be given a shot to bring them into heat. each dog would be given a shot a day apart for five days. One of the gyps would be were she needed to be when your dog is ready. I have breed border collies for cow work, Had an old girl have a litter at 14. She only had three puppies. Most gyps I have stopped breeding between eight to twelve. My dog don't have puppies every year either. It all depends on the condition and  health of your dog. Have her checked by the vet and see what he thinks.  I saw Charmaine James, world champion barrel racer's horse that was cloned from her gelding Scamper. this stuff is really amazing.
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 03:34:03 pm »

No need to have a whole gaggle of gyps lined up for the transfer. Just one of approximately the same weight and size.

Wait until neither the donor or receiver is anywhere close to their cycle, when both have very balanced hormones, and give each a shot of PG600 at the same time........ They will come in within hours of one another, 4 days after administration.

Steve
ESTEBAN_B
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:21:06 pm »

good lookin litter of pups!

ESTEBAN BENAVIDES
DIAMOND A KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

good lookin litter of pups!
THANKS YOU VERY MUCH. THATS WHY I IN KINDA WANT 2 KEEP BREEDING HER .HER PUPS ARE GOOD LOOKING AND  TURN ON FAST. AND I HAVE HAD NO COMPLAINTS YET ON HER PUPS I DONT NO WHAT TO DO  Embarrassed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: