April 19, 2024, 10:31:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: scared dog?  (Read 961 times)
setxhogmaster
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:27:09 am »

well here about a week ago i got a dog from david nash and we went hunting saturday night..he hunted good and he even found his own hog but he never could get him stopped even after  the rest of the dogs went to him...he done exactly what nash told me he would do...anyway we were watching the dogs on the garmin and noticed that he was treed along with another dog...we thought they were caught because nash said that if a hog stops and bays hes gonna try and catch,we hightail it to where hes at and my buddies dog came out on the road but trigger still showed treed...when we get there he was just sitting there acting real scared.when i put a lead on him he started pulling on the lead and trying to get away from that spot.he never moved from that spot and it took us a few minutes to get to where he was at....anyone know what might have happened

Keith Lunsford
No Guts....No Glory
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »

He seen big foot , that will cull them out every time
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »

you weren't hunting around where the cambells were hunting were you ?  there is a bigfoot running around out thar   lol  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 02:23:03 pm »

I had that happen once. I started looking around the area, it was a dog that was not scared of anything. come to find out there was an electric stock fence about 20 yards to one side of the dog. Put a lead on him and about a half hour later he was out hunting again.
S_J_KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »

you weren't hunting around where the cambells were hunting were you ?  there is a bigfoot running around out thar   lol  .

X 2 lol I have heard stories of dogs curring out after thier owners heard a wierd noise at night.

Shane
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:02:01 pm »

Happened to us one night, turned out 5 dogs, (before Garmins) We dumped on a good track, It was a clearcut. Waited 10-15mins, nothin we figured at least one woulda yipped or somethin. Well we shined the clearcut, an lo an behold all 5 dogs were sittin out there at different spots shakin scared. These were experienced dogs now, By then me an boy i was with was gettin boogered, But we had to walk out there and leash every dog back to the truck.

Never figured out what it was, We just pretty much assumed it was a bear or a big cat. Our dogs aint scared of no bigfoot.
YELLOWBLACKMASK
Lord of the Hogs

Keep em Straight and Keep em Yeller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:38 pm »

Another scenario .....minus a chupacabbra.....is the other dog may have jumped on him at the bay and whooped him and his pride down. Have seen male dogs kill a pig and go eating each other up while still at the bay.  Could be the reason the other dog came out ahead of him.  He was finished handing trigger's rear to him.   Azn
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00:29 pm »

Another scenario .....minus a chupacabbra.....is the other dog may have jumped on him at the bay and whooped him and his pride down. Have seen male dogs kill a pig and go eating each other up while still at the bay.  Could be the reason the other dog came out ahead of him.  He was finished handing trigger's rear to him.   Azn
it was my yeller dog he ain't go no temper to him unless its a dog trying to eat out of his bowl. I'm thinking it was all the yotes around

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:10 am »

sounds like the dog might of been trashing ,lol  now big foot hes no trash just a monkey on juice.  just another inmates running from walkers,,,,lolol
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 08:10:02 am »

Well he forgot to say that they was on a runner lol they could have been trashing but they was right on his heels! It was a weird thing tho!

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: