April 26, 2024, 05:15:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad luck!!  (Read 833 times)
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:12:45 am »

Well once AGAIN my dogs got out and messed my pen all up cuz of the dumb puppy. Maybe that's why she got abandoned lol. My yeller dog decided to go hunting and never came back. Well this morning I walk out to feed the dogs and hear faint barking in the woods behind the house. I knew it was either a hog he was on being there are fresh tracks right behind the house or the steel traps from my buddy. Well I hop on the wheeler drive back there about 600 yards and cut it off and its all quiet. Just about to leave and I hear him bark 3 times. Run in there bout 150 off the trail and there he is laying there with a steel trap on his front paw. Sure glad he got hung where he did cuz he was on a kind of a drag trap. I was sure glad to see his big ol self. Crushed a couple of his toes so I took him to the vet. Will get him back around 12. Anyone know if he will get back to normal? I would hate him to be lamed on that leg. Going to buy a hot wire today to solve the getting out problem.

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
setxhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »

Hated to hear that Aaron Hope old Murphy gets better soon!!

"Country Bumpkin"
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »

What type of chain set up was he on ?

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »

What type of chain set up was he on ?
He was in a pen I built, my two grown dogs have never even tried to get out until I out a pup in there with them. That's all she does is try and get out and they follow suit.

AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »

Wasn't too pleased with the vet bill today was kinda high. $20 for a penicillin shot, $30 for antibiotics, and $30 for the exam. Tried to sell me pain killers for $20. But there ain't nothing broke just smashed his two toes and his paw is swollen pretty big. Wasn't gonna get the antibiotics then they took me in the back and showed me a dog they were working on that had just about the same thing happen and the people let him go without tending to it. It changed my mind, was swollen HUGE. Murphy ain't a jam up dog but I like the way his temperament is so I like him a lot, guess he was worth the $80 bucks

MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:58:46 am »

Make sure you finish that round of antibiotics. He should go back to being just fine. I guess they determined nothing was fractured or broken then. Should heal up well in my opinion.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

Make sure you finish that round of antibiotics. He should go back to being just fine. I guess they determined nothing was fractured or broken then. Should heal up well in my opinion.
I plan on it, no it just got the toes and is swollen pretty good

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: