April 19, 2024, 04:24:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trashy hog dogs  (Read 3024 times)
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:32:26 pm »

Went hunting today and the dogs
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

Well my phones stupid. We hunting today and the dogs were baying like crazy right off. Well they were baying a herd of cows. If that didn't make it worse they caught a cow, a dog on each ear and one on the nose. I had know idea my dogs would bay or especially catch cows. I guess I do now. Then we caught a 200lbs boar so I guess it wasn't a total waste
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

I went Sunday and had something similar happen. I was able to get them off the cows before they caught tho.

Shotgun
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »

I went hunting in your neck of the woods today.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »

Good deal. Hope u wasn't baying the same cows lol. It was a nice day to hunt for sure but I was working.

Shotgun
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:57 pm »

Dogs without a handle get a bullet Wink

Catchin hogs cracker style
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »

Yeah well I didn't know they would mess with a cow. I do now so I'll just not hunt around them
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »

Good deal. Hope u wasn't baying the same cows lol. It was a nice day to hunt for sure but I was working.
Me to. I was told no one else could hunt this farm
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 08:25:29 pm »

Had they been mine they would not have been able to find a hog. That is a good way to be told in no certain terms to leave and stay gone around here.  I sugest you get a handle and a thurogh trash breaking done soon. Done rely on going around them break them of it
Dogs,hogs,coons
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »

Dogs without handle just need more work.  Feel free to drop your dogs off that trash at my house Grin

Drake Plumb
Terrell TX
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »

I dont mean to be rude but it is instances like this that need to be kept to your self for your sake and the rest of us hog hunters that make sure our dogs are livestock broke before we turn them loose.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 08:35:37 pm »

No dog of mine goes hunting at any  young age untill I take them and educate them about cows.  I put the E collar on them when they are a young age and we go walking threw the cows with a 30 ft lead rope on them soon as they bark are lunge towards a cow they get bit by the collar and not a little bite a big bite .  We keep walking back and fourth threw the cows till they have their nose stuck up my butt begging me to get them the hell away from the cows .

You bay and catch cattle around here you will not be hunting long .  The Ranchers and Farmers will  Outlawed you in a big time hurry and whats worse is word of mouth travles faster than the speed of light next thing you know nobody will let you hunt their land .

If I got a dog that I cannot break off Cows he takes a dirt nap .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 08:52:05 pm »

I can promise that he didn't get away with it. I can also promise that after tomorrow if this dog ever see's a cow again they tuck their tails and run as fast as they can the opposite direction! You see not many people have cows here and I never hunt around cows just because I don't want accidents. I ask when I saw the pasture if there was cows well the guy that invited didn't know what he was talking about because there were cows in a wooded pasture. So before y'all think I'm irresponsible I'm not. Crap happens and it just so happened to me today.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 08:55:18 pm »

Dogs without handle just need more work.  Feel free to drop your dogs off that trash at my house Grin
Dogs that "I" cannot put a handle on , do not leave my yard.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »

Lmao crap does happen just be careful where u step some crap is harder to get off than other crap
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »

Thank you guys for your input however we do have a date with some cows tomorrow with a rope and a shock collar and maybe a ball bat
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »

Every man has a right to do what he wants with his dogs but DANG! It's a hard life on some people's yards.

Lots of folks would love a hog dog that trashes on cows...cattle ranchers maybe?

Then of course there's just country folk that have a farm or piece of land that they could use a gritty dog around...varmints or what not.

Then there's always the young boys who just WANT a dog...any old dog.

Sure a waste.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »

Check out craigslist there are more than enough to go around with out responsiable hunters adding to the bad gene pool
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 09:18:29 pm »

Chit happens man just learn from your mistake and never assume anything when it comes to these hog dogs and hog hunting always see with your own eyes and know for a fact that way you are safe.  Just a lesson learned chalk it up as gaining hands on experince .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »

Check out craigslist there are more than enough to go around with out responsiable hunters adding to the bad gene pool

Surely your not saying a dog that trashes has bad genes?  Grin

Now...one that you can't break...well, I don't know...never been around one of those.

To each his own....but.....I bet a hog dog that is a straight cull would make a hell of a better "pet" than something off Craig's list.

I would rather save my bullets for bad men...not bad dogs.  Wink

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: