April 19, 2024, 09:14:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: plot and pointer cross  (Read 1063 times)
sparkydog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:52 am »

I crossed a plot with my pointer these pups look good full of energy im afraid they are gonna bark every step I want silent track dogs the dad to these pups doesn't bark unless its hot track the pointer of coarse is silent all the way anybody have a bird dog plot cross if u do or know someone who does are they silent or they bark every step.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:36:47 pm »

different dogs different  results is all I can say .  the bird blood does usually tighten the mouth up we used to breed them for hide dogs back in the day . if they are open talk to the squirrel and coon hunters they will jump on them if you don't like open dogs .     they are classified as treeing curs and are sought after in the coon hunting world now days due to dwindling places to hunt .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
ole shep
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »

I have some dogs I might trade with you. They are quite on track oh wait I don't think they ever found a track yet. Grin  I got pointers and plotts also but never crossed them. It has crossed my mind though.

There is nothing a dip of snuff won't make better. Bow hunter. Bend it and send it. WWT approved
oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 04:48:01 pm »

Chase you don't worry bout them pups!!!!!  They'll be the best pups you ever had!!!!!!
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »

I've got an awesome Plott x Parker dog I'm going to cross with an awesome pointer. I think it'll be a great cross.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:19:47 am »

I would bet on them pups turning out good and I bet most of them are quite if not all of them .  If the dad is not to loud they got a great chance of turning out quite with that bird dog in them.

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:56:32 am »

I doubt really that they will be any good at all with that   SLOW  hound blood in them   Grin

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: