March 28, 2024, 04:03:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Texas pup  (Read 624 times)
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

This is Frio.....got her on my trip to south TX back in Feb.

She's 7 months old now and seems to have a head full of sense. Looks me right in the eye when I'm with her. I wanted to name her after something to do with where she came from which was the Frio River territory, thus the name Frio. She for dang sure knows what that nose is for,....constantly winding no matter where she is. Showed her a pig for the first time about a month ago and she bayed it like a grown dog, impressed the heck out of me with her amount of focus, she never took her eyes off the pig or turned her butt to it. She's going to be a pretty good sized dog like her Daddy. She's Plott/Catahoula, hunted with her parents before I decided on her and both of them were impressive hog dogs. Guess we'll see how she does but she surprises me weekly with her sense of what's going on.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

Hope she turns out to be a great one for you!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

She looks good, who made the cross?
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

Good lookin pup , Neal. Bet she turns out good.
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »

Nice pup man
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »

She looks like she has a head full of sense. Good looking pup.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

Thank y'all,....I'm happy with her so far, she's getting leggier every day. It's not that noticeable in the pics I took but she's already as tall as my Belle dog and she's rather leggy herself. This pup is out of a cross that Jay Hutto made with 2 of his dogs. First time for this cross but it appears that it's going to be a good one....A friend of Jay's came about 4 hours to hunt with us and had actually bought the mother of the litter and got 3 of the pups as well. His pups have been hunted a lot more than mine and are baying hogs right along with the grown dogs. I'm interested in seeing how open she's going to be on a track, both parents are not totally silent but open very little. The mother is colored just like my pup, but built a bit shorter of leg. She barks about 3 times when she strikes and then only when she's looking at the hog. Father will strike off the rig but is pretty silent on the track as I remember. I didn't really want a pup and went out there with the intention of having to be super impressed to bring one back.....and I was! I like her,....she uses her nose more than any pup I've seen in a long time, guess we'll see.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: