March 28, 2024, 11:27:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit gyp with worms????  (Read 474 times)
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:40 am »

My pit female is 6 months old or so n my wife noticed she has worms.
Ive wormed her with safegaurd n ivermec last month when I noticed worms. N rehit 2 weeks after that so  Im just not sure why she still has them Huh?  I went easy on the ivermec paste but wormed her for 200# 3x on the safegaurd???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:43:48 am »

Maybe tapes?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:59 am »

take her to the vet and have him knock all the worms out of her . or try the safeguard for five days in a row . some of them little buggers are hell to knock out . what you are seeing is the little wiggly rice looking tape worm segments ?  those little segments are released by the worm for the sole purpose of laying eggs if you have a flea problem you have a tapeworm problem . a dog will reinfest it's self the same day you worm it by biting and licking it's self  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

Valbason not sure of the spelling, uv rays will ruin wormers if left in the sunlight
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 12:09:19 pm »

Ill have to ask wife hell they may b dead idk I havent been home much lately but going today to get wormer etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

take her to the vet and have him knock all the worms out of her . or try the safeguard for five days in a row . some of them little buggers are hell to knock out . what you are seeing is the little wiggly rice looking tape worm segments ?  those little segments are released by the worm for the sole purpose of laying eggs if you have a flea problem you have a tapeworm problem . a dog will reinfest it's self the same day you worm it by biting and licking it's self  .
I'm trying to understand what you meant with the flea part. If you have a bad flea problem you have worms as well?

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »

He's speaking of tapeworms. Dogs get tapeworms from injesting a flea. All it takes is one. So it's VERY likely that if your dog has any fleas on him, that they have tapeworms. They look like little grains of rice. Even if you were to deworm for tapeworms, your dog can still reinfect itself by injesting yet another flea.

If you wanna go for a sure fire worming , you can also pick up a Drontal tablet from your vet. That tablet will cover all intestinal parasites. GOOD stuff.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: