April 28, 2024, 06:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Nimrods rocky top onyx" anyone have this dog in there plott PED.  (Read 1160 times)
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2009, 08:35:47 pm »

This dog came out of OK. was told there were severasl pups out of him in Ok. and Tx. as hog dogs, and maybe coon dogs.  I was wondering if anybody on here had this dog in their PED. and how you liked them and how they performed.                I have some that are 9 mons. old, and are doing excellent.  fast , gritty, and will stick.

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
duece24
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:59:49 am »

try ukcdogs.com you have a better chance of finding some one that can answer your question over there.

Pet's Choice BP, Houston Distrubution
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:41:11 am »

I used to. That was my gyps daddy. She was a hell of a dog for me but far to long range. I bred her to a cur and most of her pups are doing great (some of the pups are one year old super stars).

I sold her after breeding her and she did not work out at all for the buyer. I don't know if she was just finicky about people or if breeding her did something to turn her off..... I took her back and in a couple of months, she came back to hunting. When she got back to the point that she was too long for us, she was sold again. I never heard any complaints from that buyer so I assume that the breeding slowed her down.

Anyway, she was fast and had a great nose. She was mostly closed mouth (except if one broke and ran) and had a little grit. She liked to pull hair but she want going to chew one down.

Steve

tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:14:08 am »

I have been on ukcdogs.com, but there is mostly coon hunters on there, and i am looking for dogs that hog hunt, thanks.

Monteria, Thanks for the info, that is what i was looking for. Just curious as to what kind of hog dogs he produced? Yeah, he his a coon dog, and one of the best i have been in the woods with, but was told that his pups were hunted on hogs too. would love to see some pics of those dogs, if anybody has any. he is extremely smart, fast, and has a dang good nose. here is a pic of my full plott out of him.    they are built for speed and endurance.