April 16, 2024, 11:22:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Down in a Hole!!!  (Read 1044 times)
setxhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

Here's the deal guys....last night my prego gyp was acting like her pups were ready to be born. Well I go to her kennel before work and notice a huge hole in the corner of her kennel. She had eaten a hole thru the plywood floor and burrowed 2 feet into the dirt beneath! In the hole I found 10 pups....1 dead the rest lively! I have her house fixed for pups with a fan blowing cool air inside but she insists that her pups be left in the hole!! I just checked on em and they are all fat as Butterballs!! This is her first litter so im proud of her! Have any of u had this happen??? I remember an old dog man telling me the best place a gyp can have pups is in the ground in a hole!! Just wondering yalls experiences with this??

Country Bumpkin
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »

I've had one do that yessir. I ultimately moved her though into a concreted area due to the fact that we have an issue with fire ants here and they'd wind up putting a hurtin on if not killin newborn pups.

Congrats on the babies!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35:17 pm »

Good looking pups Bud
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »

Good looking pups Bud
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:01:14 pm »

Man I thought you were getting ready to hit us with some Alice in chains :-). Good looking pups man!

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
setxhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »

Well she and I both now agree with Alice in Chains that down in a hole is a bad place to be!!! We just got a torrential thunderstorm here and I got to her she had moved three into her house!! There was already 2 inches of water in the hole! She and I moved the rest as fast as we could! I just knew one was going to die it was nearly under water! BUT......I just witnessed another miracle of mother nature!!!!!!!.......She started grabbing each pup put nearly the whole thing in her mouth and started gently working her jaws and massaging it!! The pup would cough or sneeze and she would lay it down and lick it and move to the next pup!!! I squatted on the ground in front of her dog house with lightening cracking all around and rain pouring down just staring in wonder!!!! Wow

Country Bumpkin
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 12:38:27 am »

Well she and I both now agree with Alice in Chains that down in a hole is a bad place to be!!! We just got a torrential thunderstorm here and I got to her she had moved three into her house!! There was already 2 inches of water in the hole! She and I moved the rest as fast as we could! I just knew one was going to die it was nearly under water! BUT......I just witnessed another miracle of mother nature!!!!!!!.......She started grabbing each pup put nearly the whole thing in her mouth and started gently working her jaws and massaging it!! The pup would cough or sneeze and she would lay it down and lick it and move to the next pup!!! I squatted on the ground in front of her dog house with lightening cracking all around and rain pouring down just staring in wonder!!!! Wow

Country Bumpkin
Least she's doing good for her first litter

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:11 am »

Country Bumpkin

Man I'm on the river in Beaumont watching Vidor get hammered looked nasty over there.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 05:31:44 am »

Country Bumpkin
Least she's doing good for her first litter

I enjoy watching a dogs first litter. She's nervous but she gets it all figured out pretty quick. Mother nature
has it fixed to where it's just instinct for the gyp to know what to do.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
shuttin em down
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44:03 am »

My gyp just had her first litter about 2 weeks ago and she dug a hole and had the pups in there she won't keep them in her house and no matter what I do she makes a hole and puts them in it
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:05:57 am »

nice looking pups

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: