April 16, 2024, 01:12:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bulldog vrs cur  (Read 3320 times)
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:28 am »

Dog aggression is one thing, a people biter is another. We are all doing the bull breed a disservice by breeding and tolerating people biters. They are the reason why the breed is outlawed in some cities and counties.

100% agree

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »

Dog aggression is one thing, a people biter is another. We are all doing the bull breed a disservice by breeding and tolerating people biters. They are the reason why the breed is outlawed in some cities and counties.

100% agree
x2
J Carroll
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »

My curs have been in tight quarters with numerous dogs of my hunting buddies and never thought twice about it. Been a little growlly a couple times but have never had to pull over for a dog fight between curs. I would never even attempt that with a bulldog. I havnt been at this for too long but if I could find a dog that caught as good as a pit, so that I wouldn't have to own one I would. They are a tool to me. I am not a bulldog lover at all. So my opinion of a bulldog being more aggressive than a cur is pretty biased. Ok, now I'm ready for the stones to be thrown.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »

Depends on which aggression we're talking about (animal aggression or people aggression). Of course what people choose to tolerate within their own yard varies as far as animal aggression goes, but for me, aside from my American Bulldog whose job it is to keep watch over our property and alert us to strangers, I have a ZERO tolerance for a man biter. ESPECIALLY from bulldog type breeds. Best believe if any of my dogs ever so much as lifted a lip to me or my kids they'd be culled instantly.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »

My curs have been in tight quarters with numerous dogs of my hunting buddies and never thought twice about it. Been a little growlly a couple times but have never had to pull over for a dog fight between curs. I would never even attempt that with a bulldog. I havnt been at this for too long but if I could find a dog that caught as good as a pit, so that I wouldn't have to own one I would. They are a tool to me. I am not a bulldog lover at all. So my opinion of a bulldog being more aggressive than a cur is pretty biased. Ok, now I'm ready for the stones to be thrown.

As a bulldog lover I would not throw any stones your way. That is your honest assessment, and I would rather someone responsible have one and respect their potential good or bad than someone who treats them like a regular dog and comes home to a accident or worse. JMHO
chainrated
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

A true bulldog is the most complete dog on this planet in my opinion. They are as loyal and dependable and smart as any dog ever bred. And their heart is undisputable. They have no equal..
But with that said, 99% of the time any dog fight we have is caused by the cur dogs..

Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, you might meet em both if you show up here unwelcome son..
aussie black mouth curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »

Zero tolerance on any form of agression here.......only winner of a dog fight on my yard is me....

Any form of people agression is instant cull....I don't care if the dog cr*p gold nuggets...if it growls at a person its gone....dog fighters get a window to improve but only a very small one...

I run my yard not my dogs...

Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2013, 02:34:10 am »

we raise bm,cats,and pits and our bm's are pretty aggresive, more that any of the other dogs

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: