April 27, 2024, 09:52:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cord for coccidiosis  (Read 848 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

My pups (babies) are fine. I whelped them away from my dog yard. A 5 month old pup came down with it while I was on vacation and I didn't catch it in time. Now it looks as if my two best dogs have it as well (kenneled right next to the pup).

I believe I've got it whooped now and we're on the road to recovery. 1 1/2cc Penicillin every day for the last 5 days and I'll keep it up a couple more, Cordit orally and in the drinking water the last couple days (refilled the water today and rededicated and I'll keep it in there for a few more days) and a bag of ringers lactate split between the 2 over the last few days and another bag I'll use till i think they're out of danger from dehydration (that's the most important thing).

My gyp started eating today and it looks like Jasper is right behind her, hopefully he'll eat tomorrow.  I SURE have my fingers crossed.

I medicated the water on the whole yard and Ill keep it medicated for the recommended 5 days. Only 1 other dog showed any signs of stress but he's back to normal now and they are all eating and drinking fine.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: