March 29, 2024, 08:28:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pros vs. cons  (Read 616 times)
haakdt
Strike Dog

Huntington tx. 936-208-9872

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:09 am »

What is calls input on black and tan hounds I went and picked one up today told he was started in a bay pen I gotta get him fattened up a little and I'm gonna try him just wanted to know what some of yall thought about them

"If you can't hang with the big dogs then stay outta the street"
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:20:25 am »

Man I figured y'all did enough walkin without throwing in a hound lol I been tellin everybody bout how much y'all walked the other night.
haakdt
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:56:54 am »

Lol I figure ill make it I wasn't gonna get him but I couldn't pass it up

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:29:11 am »

the only con to the hog hunters that don't know no better is the open mouth . other than that they have been running big game with black & tans for centurys .   it may pick up a colder track than your used to but I love to pick out a fairly fresh big boar track at a wallow and put a hounds nose in it and sit back and get ready for them to jump it . good luck with it and don't come on here in a few weeks hollering he's gotta go cause he's open  ,  it's a hound   lol  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
haakdt
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

Lol maybe ill get lucky and have him silent my main dog now is half hound and I never hear a peep out of him until he sees the hog then not much then he likes to get him a mouthful

Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 03:40:21 pm »

the only con to the hog hunters that don't know no better is the open mouth . other than that they have been running big game with black & tans for centurys .   it may pick up a colder track than your used to but I love to pick out a fairly fresh big boar track at a wallow and put a hounds nose in it and sit back and get ready for them to jump it . good luck with it and don't come on here in a few weeks hollering he's gotta go cause he's open  ,  it's a hound   lol  .

These boys don't do no sittin back Mr. Whitten I brought him and his buddy to the huntin club the other night and they said they don't need a 4 wheeler and they were right. They walked 12 miles that night I almost had a heart attack watching them.
poorboyzhogdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 06:48:43 pm »

If you dont like him.ill always take another hound  pros are colder nosed andd  faster track sped and can run all day and night only con and dwpends on how u see it is it can be open

Beers and boars let's get some huntin done
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: