April 19, 2024, 04:03:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: how do i get a young dog to range out
range out - 0 (0%)
leave on command - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: young dog problems  (Read 361 times)
hogger1222
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:19:50 am »

i have a bmc that is just over a year old he will honor bays and try to turn his own track if its fresh he will range out to about 200yrds with other dogs then come back how do i get to roll out to over five hundred with no turn backs and i want him to go out when i tell him to our other dogs will but he hasnt caught on yet

run em down
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:35:24 am »

He just got to mature he will catch on with age sounds to me like he doing great just keep him in the woods

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
hogger1222
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:12 am »

ok thanks bud im getting a 100 lbs sow today and were going to do some more mock hunts and see what he will he is in kind of bad shape right now though one of my brothers dogs got ahold of his ear in the box ive almost got him recovered he hunted fine after the fight but now he when he runs he holds his head to the side oh and just another question when he is alone he bays but if he even thinks there is another dog with him he goes straight catch how do i make him straight bay or run and catch and which would be better for him he has the weight and strength to hold a  pounder on his own but he has trouble so should i just let him do his thing or make him a straight up bay dog?

run em down
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 05:00:23 am »

Wish I had one that rough lol
hogger1222
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 05:05:12 am »

i can get you one of his pups if your interested they are about 3 months now and almost 40lbs they all got huge idk why hes big but that freaking big haha the pups are already pretty gritty i traded a buddy  hogs for three pups he cant affords all three so i can get the third pup tomorrow text me if your interested 9366479959

run em down
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: