April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ?  (Read 537 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:05:14 am »

I don't own a chunk of land that i need the hogs cleared off of and i don't hunt hogs as a business or to supplement my income. I hunt with dogs because I thoroughly enjoy it. I REALY enjoy all aspects of the hunt but especially seeing the dogs work...from hunt to strike to catch. If the only way to catch hogs is to dump dogs then run to the squeal....honestly...I'm not interested. Luckily  Grin I don't think that's the case or it ever will be.

My ideal dogs are strike and bay dogs...not loose...not kamikaze rough but just solid dogs. Dogs that will sit a hog down. Have him spinning on his butt.....protecting his nuts or backed up into some brush. The kind of dogs that DON'T LET a hog break. Impossible? Ehh...I don't think so. A tall order....heck yeah...for sure. But that's what I want....and to be honest....id rather spend the next 30 years trying for dogs like that than alter my preferred hunting style......even if it means I lose a few hogs.

Again...by no means am I slamming anyone else's hunting style or preference in dogs.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: