March 28, 2024, 09:35:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burning Fleas  (Read 512 times)
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:42 am »

Tonight my boy and i got 10 gallons of gas and poured it in our hand held sprayer and went out to where all my dog kennels are and sprayed gas all around , in and out of the kennels and lit it a fire. We bathed all 38 dogs and pups and put them all in trailers. Went out there alittle while ago and not one flea jumped on us, i think it did the trick

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:46 pm »

38 dogs?! Hot damn I'd be one broke son of a gun lol. Hope the fleas are gone for good.
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:53:59 pm »

well we found a couple of fleas we seem to have forgotten to burn a large sand dome with tree branches, they will not be there tonight

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
mike rogers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »

LOL. I forgot about this until you posted what you posted.  Years and years ago when the fleas got bad'r heck my old dad took a few of mommas old white sheets and spread them  out in the dog pen. After about 20 seconds those things were covered. He grabbed the gas an then  touched it off.  Man what a way to get rid of the fleas... Back then gas was only a quarter.....
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:07:30 am »

25 cents yea i remember buying gas when it was 45 cents myself, sure wish it was that way now and not 3.49 a gallon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: