March 29, 2024, 01:22:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hungry dog  (Read 564 times)
catmando
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:35:16 pm »

I have a 6 yr old cat bitch  that acts like she starving to death  but eats better than I do raw chicken ,elk ,deer, donkey .I  have  2  male on same diet  no problem . Any  ideas?She gittin fat
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:32:36 pm »

Did she ever get real hungry like near starving before? A dog like that can be difficult to get to slow down on the chow. I have seen folks put out auto feeders that let them eat what they want. One guy I know put 3 fifty pound bags thru a dog before he figured out he would always have food and started to eat smaller amounts.

Shotgun
kerreydw
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

ive got a litter of bmc jagde cross pups, man those 6 pups can eat as much feed as my dogo pups there on the same worming programe there just more active they never stop moving always running and playing. more active dogs take more food to maintain there correct weight. and then again some dogs are like me they like to eat and get fat its just what they do they like to eat so you have to ration there food.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »

ive always heard to feed a dog like that as much as it wants and it will eventually start eating right.
JandEkennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:48 pm »

I have a cat male that eats like a vacuum cleaner . He has never starved !!! Will tell u this if u put a automatic  feeder  watch close !!! Put my male wit one like to killed him! Good luck
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 12:27:35 am »

I think any dog on my yard with exception of the Stags would eat eat eat eat until they were literally sick if I dared free fed them. (None have ever been starved before.) So long as they're maintaining a healthy weight, they get the portion that I feed them daily and that's it.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: