April 20, 2024, 02:19:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trash Breaking  (Read 667 times)
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:03 pm »

I have a really good pig dog that I have never really had a problem with much trash until recently. She's a pretty tough  gritty bay dog and recently she ran across a porcupine and it got her good. Well since then she has found 3-4 more and its really wearing me thin. I have heard that once they get on one they get pretty pissed and want to kill em all. That seems to be the case here. She'll come off of it with a tri-tronics collar but not before it puts 100 quills in her mouth.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:39:52 pm »

If u can, get a live porky in a cage. Be careful, it can be a sticky situation.  I would pull that dog up to that porky, 3 or 4 times a day & burn her. do it for 3 or 4 days & she should be cured. If you cant get a live one, find a road kill or go catch one. A quill can kill or blind a dog months down the road.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Bowhunter1994
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 08:43:09 pm »

Good advice

If you cant hang with the big dogs STAY ON THE PORCH.
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:51:14 am »

Yeah thanks for the advice. Its almost an endearing quality that she keeps going back to em. That dog literally has zero quit in her. But she has ruined three different hunts because of her new found "porcupine fetish" I'll try that and see how it works. file:///C:/Users/Jared/Downloads/Sue%20Porcupine.htm][url]file:///C:/Users/Jared/Downloads/Sue%20Porcupine.htm[/url]
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:52:21 am »

http://instagram.com/p/bwwE52Fp6m/

This is Sue...
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:10 pm »

Man that looks painful

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »

Man I hate them things only been got once but I left a couple in his nose so that every time he did something it would hurt. Make sure you med them up good so they dont get infected but they will have to think about that thing every time they eat smell etc.  Cured mine dug them out a few days latter and he has not messed with one since. Lucky us we dont have a bunch around here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: