April 20, 2024, 11:37:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC50... First Try...  (Read 2974 times)
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 01:16:35 pm »

If your 320 is showing the bark indicator i would believe it is updated.

You didnt ask me but my alpha usually picks up 1.5 pretty easy and i have seen it just over two miles a few times. Terrain plays the biggest part in range. My 320 and dc30's would do the same range from time to time it just seems the alpha does it more consistently.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 02:40:25 pm »

If your 320 is showing the bark indicator i would believe it is updated.

You didnt ask me but my alpha usually picks up 1.5 pretty easy and i have seen it just over two miles a few times. Terrain plays the biggest part in range. My 320 and dc30's would do the same range from time to time it just seems the alpha does it more consistently.

So sorry I left you out!!!  Grin but thanks for the reply anyways...
Do the alphas pick up the extra satellites too??

I'd be good with 2 miles... The only reason I let them get over a mile on the hunt was because once they struck I laid back and dozed off... 

Not sure how far they were when I wasn't picking them up but I had to be within a mile to get communication...

Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 06:02:27 pm »

I dont think the alphas use the extra sats. But it is not gps that is the problem with garmin. It is the radio that is the problem.

Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »

Updated my 320 before we left yesterday.. I would say the bark indicator is cool but if its dropping off before the 40 then whats the point.. Just glad I didn't sell all my 40's.

I'm glad that I kept a couple of DC30s too! With standard DC30 antennas, and a 60" tuned whip on my 220 hand held, mounted on top of my buggy, 2.5mi is easy. I have seen 4mi out of it consistently in rugged terrain and hunting conditions. I could even pick up a collar at the house intermittently, from my work parking lot at 17mi... Sounds impossible, but really.

Go figure that I just got comfortable enough with GPS to sell the last of my radio collars...

MAX B.
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »

Road tested my dc 50 and dc 40 today I set them both up next to each other.I was able to get 1.9 out of my 40 and 2.43 before the 50 lost it. That is at least what I was able to get around my area (hill country). I did not have long range antennas on. I did all the up grades on my system this morning. Hope this helps y'all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
brad s
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »

Updated my 320 before we left yesterday.. I would say the bark indicator is cool but if its dropping off before the 40 then whats the point.. Just glad I didn't sell all my 40's.

I'm glad that I kept a couple of DC30s too! With standard DC30 antennas, and a 60" tuned whip on my 220 hand held, mounted on top of my buggy, 2.5mi is easy. I have seen 4mi out of it consistently in rugged terrain and hunting conditions. I could even pick up a collar at the house intermittently, from my work parking lot at 17mi... Sounds impossible, but really.

Go figure that I just got comfortable enough with GPS to sell the last of my radio collars...
How can u get a tuned whip? Can u buy one or have to have it made somewhere

I go where the dogs go!
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 09:53:01 pm »

Road tested my dc 50 and dc 40 today I set them both up next to each other.I was able to get 1.9 out of my 40 and 2.43 before the 50 lost it. That is at least what I was able to get around my area (hill country). I did not have long range antennas on. I did all the up grades on my system this morning. Hope this helps y'all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I am really glad to hear that.

Brad S,

A friend of mine was a HAM operator and radio tower owner who enjoyed running dogs with me. I really don't know what he did, but after a couple of hunts loosing dogs at less than .75mi and having to switch to the quick track, he made an antenna and gave it to me as a gift.
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 06:54:03 am »

I know this isn't relevant but I use a 220 and dc30 I pick up to 900 regularly without it cutting out. Well the other mornin it cut out at 300 and next time it picked up he was 800+ why is this?
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 07:02:41 am »

I know this isn't relevant but I use a 220 and dc30 I pick up to 900 regularly without it cutting out. Well the other mornin it cut out at 300 and next time it picked up he was 800+ why is this?

Have you updated it lately? I had the same thing happen with my alpha and updated it had issues since
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 07:03:39 am »

I d also check the antenna. Mine broke during a hunt and it would come in and come out until I realized it broke right where it connects to the collar
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 07:07:22 am »

It didn't cut out after that makes me think the antenna is fine but I probably do need to update
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 08:15:50 am »

It didn't cut out after that makes me think the antenna is fine but I probably do need to update

Try the update and if it doesn't work I d start takin it apart
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 09:11:08 am »

I remove my map card and do a full reset on my 220 before every hunt, then readd maps and collars. Works pretty good to a mile, maybe mile and a half, I just chill and listen after that or will eventually head their direction.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 03:24:17 pm »

Nothing... I have tried everything i can think of... Tweek the receiver antenna hight is about all you can do. I am thinking of making a base station on one of my places with an antenna mounted up a tree as far as i can get a young pup to climb. Lol

How high you want it lol. I'm sure I could CrossFit up that tree pretty quick Smiley

Get ahead dog!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »

All the way to the top of a pine tree.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: