April 19, 2024, 12:36:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rooster  (Read 1453 times)
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »

Rooster ,  like father like son!  They are sure growing up in a hurry .  

Off of Cracker x Whitey.  This is the male I kept.

This is the male and female I kept off Cracker x Whitey .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »

I see were Rooster is offering a few of his pups for sale.  My advise to some of you young and even older guys that want good dogs yall better jump all over them pups like stink on stinky stuff !  Cause they are the real deal .  I see people on here bitching all the time about not being able to buy a good dog are pups off the trade well here is a great chance for you .

Rooster79
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:30:49 pm »

Thanks Mr Jimmy. Yes sir, he looks like he turded out a couple of clones. I'm anxious to hear how that cross turns out, should be interesting. Have you showed them anything yet?

Master Gator
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:37 pm »

I have not as of yet Rooster but its been on my mind big time now the last couple weeks.  They are just about right to see their first hog .  They are long and rangy type of dogs the male is a clone of his daddy and his build the gyp is a clone of the momma in her build .  Got my fingers crossed.

TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:53:13 pm »

Here is some more pics of the other two liters and the ones I kept. 

The blond pup is off of Cracker x Bell the Lacy gyp of mine the only pup she had a male.  The blond pup is mean as a snake and can already nearly jump out of the pen real real springy .  The other black and tan pup is off of Cracker x Hannah Montanna  he is going to be a big ole bruiser kinda of a dog.  He is thick thick thick he is the heaviest built out of all liters .

This is a pic of the two liter mates out of Cracker x Hannah Montanna the little bobtail female on the left and the big bruiser male on the right .  The little bob tail female is real springy type of dog and a escape artist she will run all day long already.  She is the littlest dog out of all the liters but a real action kind of dog she bays the cats and everything she gets around.

Rooster79
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:15:26 pm »

Man, you gonna have your hands full with that crew good luck

Master Gator
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:51 am »

Damn they are looking good jimmy and growing fast I love a dog of that color , can't wait to get em in the woods, if they are anything like ol Rambo then they'll be just fine feed em them tracks buddy Wink
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 07:01:59 am »

Lookin good.  Love them bob tailed b&t dogs.  They are hard to get your hands, keep that blood goin.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

Yeah am fixing to find these a hog to look at here real real quick.  Lots of energy all of them .  Am hoping I hit that sweet hard to get just right ruff spot right in the middle between loose and catchy.  Judging from what I kept five of them I think I might have hit 3 out of five , the two females and the male out of Craker x Bell the lacy.  The other two males act, look and got the swagger of their daddy big time.  Who knows.

I like the natural bobtails also rdjustham.   I know with my three females Cracker threw around are a little over 50% bobtails hell there was five in that one liter , no six cause one died at birth and in the other Hannah's I think three and  then the only pup born in the Cracker x Bell breeding the blond pup was bobtail.  None of my dogs that I know of have any  bobtails in them so he threw them pretty potent and then to boot every pup that came out of three liters except one the blond pup was a clone to him in color and markings,  I was dammed shocked to say the least  .  All the years I been breeding this line of dogs this was the first time ever this blood was dominated by another bloodline as far as color, markings and bobtails go.  What that means remains to be seen but it was a real shocker.  Rooster can tell way more about the bobtails and  the % they throw than me and might shed some light on how some of the crosses have turned out before with his dogs.  These Fla dogs are all new to me I just went with my gut feeling and made these breedings because the Cracker dog impressed more than the hell out of me as a hog dog working dog because there is no way in hell he would have ever touched one of my stock blood gyps other wise, he was more than impressive to say the least about him.

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:02 am »

Natural bobtails and 3/4 bobs or broke tails is common in old blooded Fl dogs, and is very sought after in this neck of the woods. IN my last litter with my Jack dog I only got 2 outta 6 with either a bob or broke tail.  The rest got snipped.  I only got 2 solid yellow dogs outta that breeding, 2 ring necks and two smudge dogs.  If you look at the pics rooster posted of his pups, youll notice a couple seem to have black smudged on them.  The two smudges i got were the bobtailed ones and also seem to take the most after daddy.  The male will bark a couple times and the female dont. 
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:04 pm »

rdjustham

Hope you don't mind me ask a few questions.  How many dogs do yall usally run in a pack of dogs to do the job on boar hogs 250 lb are over the big bad ones ?  Do yall just run two Fla curs without the catch dog ? Also is those two dogs enuff to hold the big boars till yall can get in there and handle them ?  I have seen were just two Fla dogs were needed .  Just asking man Am new to these Fla dogs.

I have always had around four dogs gritty as hell and a catch dog most the time is my way of hunting around here if I wanted to catch and tie a big boar hog.  If I wanted to just shoot over my dogs I would take the dogs that would back off

This Fla dog I got stays busy all the time he is 400/500 yd dog hunting out.  To tell you the truth I don't think I have ever heard him bark except here on the yard.  I know when I take him he is always right there with the strike dog so I really don't know if he has struck on his own are not  also every time we have got there he has had the boar caught and the catch dog just came in and done the mop up duty LOL .  I got a feeling a few times he has found his own he just don't bark LOL .

Anyway was just asking to see how yall hunted over there.

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 03:12:29 pm »

Me and the guys i hunt with take turns running our dogs.  I only run two of mine at a time.  If both dogs are at the hog together its caught.  My buddy's dogs are the same way.  My buddy does have a male outta my cat and pit that he uses as a CD, because he is trying to get dogs that dont catch and has gotten rid of alot of his old blooded dogs he had.  Most of the dogs ive hunted around were hot nosed 400 or 500 yard out dogs until struck.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »

Oh and yes two good dogs will hold a big hog.  When i caught the 280lb barr on my wall i only had two dogs on him.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

Yup yup sounds just like this one 400/500 yds hot nose and if he is there which he has been so far the big hogs has been stopped & caught,  yup sounds just like whats been happening here since I have put this dog on the ground with mine.  Don't get me wrong we caught big hogs without him before but had to chase them a lot lot futher but with him in there all that damn running has all but stopped .  Sure makes it a lot easier on me, dogs and everybody else involved  .  Cannot wait to get these up and running with him and see what happens.

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 04:43:32 pm »

Have you tried runnin cracker one out?  A couple of mine wont catch nothin over 150-200 by themselves and will sit back and bay, until ANYTHING else gets there, (and i mean anything else, poodle, cocker spaniel ANYTHING).  MIght try that to see if he is striking his own. the dogs ive had were smart enough to try one and if it wooped them to back up and bay it, id bet he will do the same by himself.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

Have not got to try that but I sure will soon as it gets in the cooler months.   I would like to see it myself also .  Does your dogs bark much are any when they find the hog ?  Its been real hard for me to tell if he has found one himself are not but Am betting he has cause he has been right there every time so far.  Really I have never heard him bark but here in the yard .  If he don't know you he will flat ass eat you up when he is on the chain if you get in his chain space ,  he is as serious at two heart attacks and another one on the way . LOL  Once off the chain and in the trailer anybody can handle him but soon as he is back home  you can forget it .

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 01:30:41 pm »

The male i have now is getting up there in age so he wont try much alone anymore.  He will catch about 150 and smaller by himself but i usually get one or two barks before he does.  If i hear 3 i know its a good hog and hes by himself.  But as soon as somethin else gets there its a done deal.  Im still runnin my dogs even in the heat.  I jsut run mine at night when it cools off some.  Plus there is water on the ground right now so they are fine.  These dogs were bred to work all day and hunt at night all year long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: